Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all those w/trouble programming homelink, try this. It should do the trick:

To reset homelink simply hold in all 3 buttons, the signal light will stay on solid, then it will blink rapidly and then go blank. Once the light goes blank, all codes are erased. To program the remote, turn key to acc. position, hold remote up to the mirror with the button pushed (remote button) and the hold in whichever homelink button you want. The light on the mirror will flash, then go solid, then out. Once this is done locate the Smart button on your motor head (usually on the front under the lightbulb) Press it and then go back to the MO and press the button on the homelink you programmed 3 long times. Door should move... I think I covered it all, once you do it It wont seem hard at all

Good luck
Mike

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well, I tried it. Still no joy. When I finish the last step (pushing the programmed Homelink button 3 long times after pushing the "amrt" or "learn" button on the opener), the door still does not respond.
After that, when I push the Homelink button, all I get is a rapid flash of the indicator light. Just as if the button had not been programmed.

Two trips to the dealer. Verdict: operator error or door problem.
Several calls to Homelink. Verdict: operator error or door problem.
Several calls to Wayne Dalton. Verdict: operator error or Homelink problem.

Bottom line: Homelink does not work with the door opener, all manufacturers point blame the other manufacturers, and all manufacturers say I'm too dumb to read (or listen to) and follow directions.
But they all agree that I am a GENIUS for buying their product!!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The owners manual is somewhat vague regarding rolling code openers. Basically you skip steps 1 to 5 in the owners manual if you have a rolling code opener (i.e. you never have to use the garage door control since its not involved anymore).

After erasing all presets, (by holding the two outer homelink buttons for 20 seconds until the lights begin to blink slowly), you need to press the learn button on your garage door motor, then press your desired homelink button 3 times, or until the homelink light blinks fast (this tells you did it correctly).

It took me a few tries, but I finally got mine to work, and it has worked without a hitch for 8 months now. My garage door opener is a Genie I believe. The brand might make a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts