·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think it's pretty cool! I love the yellow Beetle convertible my Mother-out-law got last summer. It's fun to drive around and, like the MO, it draws a lot of attention.

Best of all, the Ragster has the size sunroof our MO's should have come with.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Having been informed what a "Ricer" is the wheels look like they were stolen off of one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm not a big beettle fan either.
But I think it looks nicer than the current models. The sleek roofline makes the car look longer.... maybe it is longer. eh, I'll stick with the Mo. :4:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ricers

Hey Grip!

This what you mean by Ricer:

1. ricer
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
Source: ricecop04, Mar 15, 2004

·
5,100 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Oh you can rice out a nice sports car if you put some cheap tasteless mods on it. For example, ridiculous useless wings, or extremely large wheels. Or decals. But then of course, those decals add 10hp to the car. :D

As for those rims, I doubt they will make it to production, its bling bling for the show only.

I kind of like the lengthened look. It makes the car look a lot less cutesy and more aggressive, almost like a chopped low rider, but without the ghetto image.

·
5,100 Posts
THATS's the term I was looking for "Low Rider' Wonder if it has the hydraulics for bouncing.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
GripperDon said:
THATS's the term I was looking for "Low Rider' Wonder if it has the hydraulics for bouncing.

Low Riders and Import Modding are two entirely different can of worms. On the West Coast where both began, the original emphasis on low riders was cosmetic, and the import modding was on performance. However the availability of cheap cosmetic mods has turned import modding into a mixed bag.

·
5,100 Posts
You can shake up your chocklate milk. OH my Goodness I do think I see vents on the disk brake rotators. Gues this Bug is all "cracked Up" to what it's supposed to be. :D

·
5,100 Posts
Which is funnier the hair or the ricer

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts