Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
23 hrs & 160 mi old & my wife hits a crete myrtle in our yard.I was standing in the drive working on my old vette as my wife was pulling into the drive.Its a winding drive & at the first curve she went straight & hit the right fender on the tree/bush.I ran down to see if she was ok & see what happened.She said she was trying to find the window switches to roll up the window.she had gotten off early so she could wash & wax the MO. Man I feel so bad for her,she's still walks out looks at the damage & cries. I'm just glad it wasn't me that did it.

The damage isn't to bad,a small gouge/hole on corner under light & two creases towards wheel well. I'm sure it needs a bumper cover,I doubt they can be repaired,other than that didn't touch body itself.I guess I'll take it to body shop tomorrow.The ironic thing is I ordered a Colgan Bra just before she got home,so at least I'll have something to hide it untill it can be repaired. Anyone kmow if there is an after market bumper cover with a small spoiler available?

Bob

·
Registered
982 Posts
Before my Murano I got last month, I had a Maxima for 2 years. Before that I owned a Nissan 240sx for 9 years. My 240 was small... and the Maxima was much longer.... so when I came home with the Maxima for the first time 2 years ago and pulled into the garage, closed it and bam... right down on the back bumper. I didn't pull in enough. I was so use to the 240 which was smaller.

I did it that evening again after thinking I had pulled in further. So bringing it home the first day... having it less then an hour... and the bumper was all scratched up. It sucked.

I never got it fixed, would have had to replace the back bumper. Never liked the car that much anyhow.

Tell her that story, maybe if she knows others bang up their new cars as well it will make her feel a tiny bit better.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
23 hrs & 160 mi old & my wife hits a crete myrtle in our yard

No sweat bullseye54, we have some available spots in our mini club within the club.
Check out our exclusive club in the thread below and see if you want to join. Maybe the wife can join and you can congraulate her for entering our elite corps so soon! ;)

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4179

Bob1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Almost made it 2 weeks

I feel your pain. I was sitting at a light waiting to made a left turn, when someone smacked into the rear of my Mo. A woman driver talking on her cell didn't stop in time. The way the car rocked I was sure that she had pushed in the rear end of my car. Somehow the damage was limited to 2 gouges on the lower part of the bumper. Three days in the shop and $475 which she paid out of pocket and my Mo was good as new.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Bullseye54

Sorry to hear about your Mo. I opened my hatch up inside the garage and it barely bumped into the garage door, of course it made a scratch right by the license plate holder.

Cryogenix - This is a Crepe Myrtle:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the sympathy, I may have to watch the wife to keep her from falling on the sword though.Went to body shop this morning & found out the bumper cover can be repaired since it isn't torn or deformed.Remove cover repair along with the two holes the dealer put in it to install the tag bracket & repaint,$250 -$275 .Thats another issue I have with the dealer I told them NOT to put the front tag bracket on but they wanted to get their tag on there.Tim at the body shop said if it had been the headlight assy it would have been big bucks,so I told my wife her cat like reaction saved that..........she cried again.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I just thought of another story... about a year ago, my girl backed out of the garage and took the mirror off. It dangled by the power cord in it... scraping the paint on the door. It was a leased Acura Integra. touched it up, glued on the mirror... mua, like didn't even notice it. ( On her car that is how it went down... if that was my Mo... I would be in the shop getting every nik and scrap out. )

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cryogenix said:

If you come up with a good way of replacing that front one, please do a follow up.
Dennis, Cryogenix,
The TRex billet grille doesn't have a logo. Check out my gallery for pics (upper and lower inserts don't have to be ordered together). Got mixed reviews in my original post, but I'm loving them...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts