Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a Murano. I've done all the research and test-driven a bunch of SUVs and I like the Murano the best.

Problem is, my wife won't let me spent the money until we figure out how to avoid her being poked in the back of the head by the stock headrests. The headrests are aggressively canted forward and hit her pony-tail -- and drives her nuts while she's driving. This would primarily be my car, but she'd occasionally need to drive it.

I talked to my local dealer and they thought I was nuts. They won't do an after-market install of the VizualLogic headrests because they fear liability (I crash, have whiplash, sue them, yuk).

I called Nissan corporate today and likewise, they thought I was nuts and agreed with the dealer (but they were very polite). I asked for them to check to see if there was an alternative OEM part, but they didn't know of any (not sure what database, if any, they had access to).

What are my options here? Are there 3rd party replacement headrests that would work with the "active safety" feature in the headrests (ie, if we crashed would they actually work)? Is there an alternative OEM part?

I only need 1 headrest because I'm not really bothered by the headrest issue.

And no, telling my wife to ignore this isn't possible - she's compromised on everything else except this.

Ideas?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I don't think you are nuts.

Adjust them all the way back.
If that doesn't do it, buy another car,

Homer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
andyn said:
I talked to my local dealer and they thought I was nuts. They won't do an after-market install of the VizualLogic headrests because they fear liability (I crash, have whiplash, sue them, yuk).
Btw, I wrote to the VizualLogic corp. about this and never got a reply.

I don't really -want- a DVD player in a headrest this was just an idea to get a non-poking replacement headrest.

I just want a plain headrest which does not poke my wife in the back of her hair.

·
Registered
216 Posts
At the dealership, check and see how the headrests of other Nissan vehicles feel. Then remove one that feels right and see if it will fit the Murano, you might just get lucky and find one that fits. Then you can just order one from the parts department.

·
5,244 Posts
hm, I do not believe that a good headrest won't touch your wife's hair. There is another solution - offer her to change a hairdresser! :D

Anyway, I would say try to pull them back all the way first. it it does not work try shappy solution.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i think they might be pushed forward..the headrests rotate awkwardly and i think thats a feature in the "active headrest system" This might be a dumb response, but i think you can push them back, as i too make sur ei have them both pushed back at all times, then its flat and comfortable...

Cheers..
Kocioblue

·
Registered
324 Posts
Headrest

Here are the two positions....

Click for bigger image

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
wa4qfy-

Nice work. A picture is worth a thousand words.

-njjoe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts