Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my Mo was making a belt/pulley noise, not too bad but had them check it t the 36,000 km service.
At first they said it was the alternator belt tensioner pulley, the part was nearby and replaced....
Then they said the pulley had been out of alignment, which cooked the bearing, because the bracket assembly itself was broken.
The brcket assembly was at a parts depot day away, the service adviser got a new one for me, o the road the next day. What was a bit unusual according to him is that the depot hd severl brackets in stock, an indication to him that there was trouble with this obscure prt.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
ut ooooh

I have been hearing something like a belt squealing at around 2600 rpm.....I wonder if.........oh dear.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Re: ut ooooh

mgthe3 said:
I have been hearing something like a belt squealing at around 2600 rpm.....I wonder if.........oh dear.
I normally play my sound system loud to the point I don't hear anything....but maybe I should not....:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
so do I....

But I do back off the system when I can put the windows down, which is rare in Atlanta these days....over 90% humidity and 90 something---it's a freakin sauna.

·
4,664 Posts
It's been the same here, so don't try to go north to escape it! Just grab a towel, a beer and throw some more water on the rocks!

Good to know Bruno, thanks... I do the same as zebelkhan, crank the tunes to mask the noises.

That reminds me, I was going to make a CD with error messages as track titles for the display, and horrible mettallic thumping, banging and scraping sounds.

Then go to the service advisor and ask him what he thought the problem was.

I figure if tells me the existing noises are normal, I'll make up some new ones as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
bruno said:
I noticed my Mo was making a belt/pulley noise, not too bad but had them check it t the 36,000 km service.
At first they said it was the alternator belt tensioner pulley, the part was nearby and replaced....
Then they said the pulley had been out of alignment, which cooked the bearing, because the bracket assembly itself was broken.
I had the same thing on my 2004 at 9,000 miles (about 13 months since I took delivery).

They didn't have the part and I had to get a rental for 4 days (which they paid for).

I wonder how many others...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like many belt/pulley noises, you couldn't hear it at high RPM, but it was slowly gettinng worse when idling......
Really, I thought it was just a frayed belt or something simple....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts