Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I'm new to the forum and would first like to thank everyone on this board for the great info shared here.

My alternator went out on my 2003 on 5/21/05. Luckily I was one of the lucky few that was able to drive to dealer in time. (Please add me to your list and yes, I have followed up with a report to NHTSA)
Service manager said it had a "bad diode" and it was replaced with a remanufactured alternator (Part Number DAT 23100-CN100R).

My question for all of you is did anyone experience lack of power or sluggish acceleration in the weeks prior to your brake/battery lights coming on? Mine did for several weeks before the warning lights appeared. It was sluggish especially when accelerating on to freeway onramps and up slight inclines. I also experienced a decrease in gas mileage from its normal 18-19 mpg to 14-15 mpg in the weeks prior.

I have had the new (remanufactured) alt. in for a month now and I am again noticing a slight decrease in power and a trickle down in gas mileage. I'm going to take to the dealer again this week, its making me very nervous. CVT problem? Alternator again? Both?

Does anyone know from the part number I mentioned if this is the same alternator or an improved one or different make that the original?

Thanks in advance for any input.
*Muggle*

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
muggle said:
My question for all of you is did anyone experience lack of power or sluggish acceleration in the weeks prior to your brake/battery lights coming on?
well i did found it after the alt. change. about couple of weeks later. took it to the dealership and they told me it was the TCM. transmission control module (the techs at nissan japan told them after getting the codes). i agreee with you on the situations, like losing power on accelerating on freeway and then poor gas mileage.

i am noticing that issue again on my MO now. i have 32,000 km on my '03 now.

i will take it to the dealership and have everything checked out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts