Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, As I posted in the Alt poll and issue section, I got the dreaded brake / batt light last night on the way home. The car then lost power and died. Called Nissan this AM and told them the situation and they sent out a flat bed to cart me to the dealer. Spoke with the service supervisor and he told me since I have 38K on the car and no extended warranty that I would be responsible regardless of the issue. I noted to him that there were a number of ppl who have had this issue and to speak to Nissan NA to see what they can do and before I walked out I stated, "I hope that Nissan steps up to the plate". That was 9AM. I get a phone call at 2PM, which I missed, and they left a voice mail stating that the alt. was bad and needs to be replaced, duh, :twak: , followed by a charge of $750 and change :rolleyes: . Instead of calling back I drove up to the dealership and asked for the Service supervisor, who had conveniently left for the day. So another SA gets my paper work and says, "after looking over this issue we are going to cover you under a good faith clause and pay the cost of the alt. and labor, but you have to pay for the tow and the coolant that was lost due to removing the radiator" So they did not get any argument from me. I paid the $55 tow charge and the $18 for the coolant and took'er home :werd:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Congratulations! Hope everybody stands up for having alternator failures covered by Nissan as you did, even out of warranty. I think they should have covered everything, including the tow and coolant.

Wonder what they discovered after "looking over this issue" that made them agree. Did you show them anything from this group or the NHTSA's investigation?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Alternator part numbers please please please???

Oh, and glad to hear they covered it. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I told them about our forum and 46% of the ppl on here have issues, that might have done something but I really dont know why they had a change of heart. I filed a complaint last night and maybe they saw it...

Here are the numbers from the old alt. They were reluctant giving it to me until I told them that Nissan NA wanted them then they promptly gave'um up.
23100-9Y500
LR1110-723
12V
110Amp

I didnt get the new numbers as the alt was already on.
Jim

·
Registered
485 Posts
No letter following the LR110-723? How very strange...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
MightyMo said:
No letter following the LR110-723? How very strange...
Why? LR1110-723 is whats in my FSM. The speculation, I believe, is whether Nissan is replacing failed alternators with the 723E unit that is on the 05 models.

·
Registered
842 Posts
You may want your dealer to call mine as when my alternator was changed out they were able to do it without removing the rad or depressuring the A/C unit. While it did not cost me anything it only took 2 hours for them to change out my alternator.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
There is a TSB showing how to change out the Alternator w/o removing the Radiator.
Of course, that's a good alternator that they are taking out, as Nissan denies that they have an Alternator "problem".

Service Bulletin Num : 04130
Date of Bulletin: NOV 04, 2004

View Document
Component: CHARGING SYSTEM
Summary: 2003-2005 MURANO; REVISED ALTERNATOR REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

Homer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts