Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I took MO in for her scheduled oil change and replacement of the passenger seat belt (Sisters dog chewed through it) I headed out on the highway for my 45 minute drive to Kitchener Nissan and the ride went well and without a hitch. It really was my lucky day because it seemed as though as soon as my front tires hit the curb to enter the dealership lot the notorious emergency brake light and battery light illuminated on the dashboard. After the service guy took a look it took him about half a second to decide that the alternator needed to be replaced. They conveniently had one in stock and it was replaced shortly. So am I lucky or what?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Lucky you! Glad your dealer did a good job. Enjoy the ride. :p

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Kocioblue, take a momement to update the poll and perhaps contact NTHS (What are they called... its late, National Highway Safey......????)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted a reply to the alternator poll thread, but I don't think I will pursue anything further with the result of my alternator failing. I knew that it would fail eventually after reading these threads. As long as it doesn't happen again, then Nissan and safety committee's won't be hearing from me.

Konrad

·
4,601 Posts
Wow, that is lucky! But it would still be good to register a complaint, as it helps out the statistics for those poor folks that had to suffer grief due to where it failed. (I might be one of them!)

It is a failure and it should not have occurred. It would be a nice return gesture for the favour the forum did in making you aware of the problem!:)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Kocioblue MO said:
As long as it doesn't happen again, then Nissan and safety committee's won't be hearing from me.
I wish you change your mind...and you would not be saying that if your alternator had failed in the middle of nowhere or at a time or place your safety was compromised.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Kocioblue MO said:
So today I took MO in for her scheduled oil change and replacement of the passenger seat belt (Sisters dog chewed through it) I headed out on the highway for my 45 minute drive to Kitchener Nissan and the ride went well and without a hitch. It really was my lucky day because it seemed as though as soon as my front tires hit the curb to enter the dealership lot the notorious emergency brake light and battery light illuminated on the dashboard. After the service guy took a look it took him about half a second to decide that the alternator needed to be replaced. They conveniently had one in stock and it was replaced shortly. So am I lucky or what?
My dealer also had a alternator in stock when mine failed and had it replaced quickly. Is this something that only Canadian Nissan dealers do, if so maybe our cousin to the south should do the same. I will bet that that will improve their survey result for the dealers for customer care. :2: :2:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Kocioblue MO said:
There has been much written about how difficult it is to replace the alternator. How long did it take the dealer to replace the alternator?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Re: Alternator Luck

HuskyFan said:

There has been much written about how difficult it is to replace the alternator. How long did it take the dealer to replace the alternator?
If the dealer has it in stock, usually leaving it for the day will be enough time. I would not sit and wait for it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Re: Re: Alternator Luck

HuskyFan said:

With a alternator in stock my dealer (Stadium Nissan) was able to replace it in 3 hours.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The alternator at my dealership was in stock, and it took them only 2 hours to replace. This time also includes oil change, seat belt replacement, washing/waxing the exterior of the car, and vacuuming the interior!

Konrad

PS. I filed a complaint regarding the Murano's alternator this morning.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Kocioblue MO said:
...This time also includes oil change, seat belt replacement, washing/waxing the exterior of the car, and vacuuming the interior!
Wow...I need to move to Canada...;)

·
4,601 Posts
Wow! Me too!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Kocioblue MO

Thanks for filing the report with NHTSA. Those of us who have not hit this failure yet would like a little relief when/if it happens out of warranty. Hopefully they will issue a recall so none of us will have to worry (as much) about the alternator again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts