Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know what you folks have been using to clean and/or polish the aluminum trim for the interior? I know it's brushed aluminum which is a flat matte color but I would like to see it gleaming and sparkling! I have no idea what to try on it tho. I've just been cleaning it with a little soap and water and a microfiber cloth to keep it clean. I've been curious to try a metal polisher but I'm afraid to scratch or ruin the trim! Anybody got any recommendations?

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
What I want is a way to get the dings out! I have 3 now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dents!?!? OUCH!! Sorry to hear that... If that ever happened to me (*knock on wood*) I know it would irritate me to no end. How'd you manage to dent the trim? Kids? Anybody know if the trim can be replaced? Maybe that's a solution...

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
I have 3 dents.

1 from a dropped set of keys
1 mysterious (wife was driving, but she didn't do it of course!)
1 whilst at dealer for service

·
Registered
719 Posts
zeddic said:
Just curious to know what you folks have been using to clean and/or polish the aluminum trim for the interior? I know it's brushed aluminum which is a flat matte color but I would like to see it gleaming and sparkling! I have no idea what to try on it tho. I've just been cleaning it with a little soap and water and a microfiber cloth to keep it clean. I've been curious to try a metal polisher but I'm afraid to scratch or ruin the trim! Anybody got any recommendations?
Klasse All in One is an excellent dealer and polish that I used on mine from day one. So far (knocking on wood) I have no scratches, nicks or dents.

This reminds me I need to update the Klasse AIO since it's been a over a year since I put it on.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i have a bunch of dents on the trim over the cupholders. seems to happen if i'm to excited when i pull out the seatbeltand i hit is litely with the buckle. it's the same problem if you let the seat belt go too fast. the buckle his the b pillar plastic and i guess the plastic is really sof b/c there are soo many marks in it. hmm. maybe if i can buy a peace of stick on felt that's matches the interior close enough i can cover the effected area. gotta check into that. if you have a black interior. you should be able to find black felt no problem.

·
Registered
256 Posts
did I see a thread somewhere here that said the '05 is going to offer faux/real wood as an option instead of the al-u-mineeum?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes, an option for the latte color interior.

midnitexpress said:
did I see a thread somewhere here that said the '05 is going to offer faux/real wood as an option instead of the al-u-mineeum?

·
Registered
542 Posts
although I prefer my aluminum trim, you would think if they are going to offer wood for one color why not offer it for all and let people have choices, but I guess that would make too much sense.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
k, try and visualize this. wood and cbarnet interior. i think not. wook and black. the black is too over powering. latte is the only one that will make the wood look luxurious.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Oh I definitely agree... I'd never put wood in my cabernet interior, but that doesnt mean someone else's taste might not be different. Lots of people hate the Sunlit Copper w/ Cabernet interior while I love it. Thats what makes us all individuals, the freedom to choose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts