Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
Few cosmetic related topics:
  • Decals: has anyone installed any type of American flag decals on any of your windows?? If so, show em off, please!
  • New badges/de-badging: who has either removed, installed, or replaced factory Nissan badges? Post pics of those, too please!
  • DIY chrome delete: anyone done this? What did you use and any tips you can share would be great!
Looking to do something to the appearance while staying away from lots of plastic chrome adds or Fast n the Furious underglows (no offense to anyone!)
I've got a pretty stock 2017.5 white Platinum Murano. Powder coated the stock wheels black, added wheel spacers to get rid of the sunken in appearance, and went with wider tires to help the stock tire/pizza cutter look.

Thanks all!
Brandon

·
Registered
15 Posts
2018 Black Murano Platinum here and about to vinyl wrap all the chrome ( excluding the big hunk of chrome on the front grill and window trim) with a gunmetal gray wrap, to match the wheels.
Will do the big hunk of chrome on the grill in gloss black wrap and plan on doing the window trim in black plasti-dip.

Will post pics when done!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2018 Black Murano Platinum here and about to vinyl wrap all the chrome ( excluding the big hunk of chrome on the front grill and window trim) with a gunmetal gray wrap, to match the wheels.
Will do the big hunk of chrome on the grill in gloss black wrap and plan on doing the window trim in black plasti-dip.

Will post pics when done!
@Canes1 - any update on your mods? Would love to see!

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD
4 Posts
I just Plasti-Dipped the badges on the rear of my 2020 Murano and removed the dealer emblem. Very easy. Basically just taped them off, coated 4x (1/2 hour wait time between each) and then peeled it off. Used a toothpick for the finer edges. I think it came out good. (So good, my wife had me do her Rogue).
PXL_20201231_165239957.jpg PXL_20201231_165254963.jpg PXL_20201231_170233499.jpg PXL_20201231_203100699.jpg PXL_20201231_203105473.jpg PXL_20201231_203110717.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the look at the darker badges alot. Great job! Are you considering modifying any of the rest of the chrome on your Murano?

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD
4 Posts
Not sure - there is a lot of it! Along the running boards, etc. I may mess with the NISSAN badge on the back and front. The hardest part is just masking it off and waiting for it to dry between coats (time consuming). The rest is just as easy as the YouTube videos show - spray on about 4-5 coats, dry in between, peel off and use a toothpick to pick out the interior, finer areas. And thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts