1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Haha! Awesome! Very nice run! Now we need some details...how did you get out there?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Cool.

I guess you got away with it!

How come you turned around?

Homer

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of my alter-egos is as a writer for Sport Z Magazine , so we were there at a "Media Day" checking out and getting rides in some JGTC and D1 cars as the organizers lay the media relations groundwork for December's GT Live event:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turned around because of the cones across the track, I didn't want to COMPLETELY piss off the CA Speedway people. :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A tad excited? Hehehe....we were still on a adrenaline rush from riding in the JGTC cars. I got a few laps in the Skyline GTR, a fully race preped beast with brakes that snapped my neck forward no matter how much I tried to anticipate the g-forces and roller coaster ride that left me dizzy and unable to walk or think straight, and my GF got a similar ride in that Viper Competition Coupe shown in the last few seconds of the video.

Heh, in fact, I'm still on that adrenaline rush. :2:

·
Registered
418 Posts
My big thrill this summer was demo rides by pro drivers in stock Viper and SRT10....that was pretty exciting...I can't imagine what a "race prepped" car would be like....

·
4,664 Posts
That was pretty neat...

Reminds me of when I rode a friends 1975 Kawasaki 500 around Mosport, north east of Toronto. (In 1975, so they weren't all paranoid back then about barriers on the track...)

There was two guys painting a guard rail. We asked, and as far as they were concerned, we didn't exist. Had the track all to ourselves... Imagine two 17 year olds taking what was the world's fastest production motorcycle (in 1969) around a race track.

If my parents only knew!

This stuff will always give you permagrin!

It's a good video if you want to demonstrate to someone how the Murano is absent of shift points!:D

The other thing I like, is the obvious joy the Murano gives you. I think that's pretty common with most of us!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EdMPT, well, nothing yet. I've got a almost unstreetable 300ZX, but I'm probably going to keep that on the edge as a fun weekend/track car. So I'm planning to build up either a 240SX or 300ZX (Z31) for regional SCCA road racing sometime in the next few months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts