Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I bought the Murano last year as a new daily driver to keep the miles off of my Xterra. Now I unexpectedly have a 3rd Nissan that has joined them that I didn’t buy. My mother passed away earlier this year after a brief illness and overnight I became the owner of 2 houses, 3 cars, and a cat.

It’s a 2005 Altima 3.5 SL that she bought new in January 2005 with every option you could buy that year including nav, which has never been updated. She put a whopping 76,000 miles on it the 14 years she owned it. It has the same engine as the Murano but it has a lot more get up and go/ torque due to the normal 5 speed auto vs the CVT.

I left the car at her house while I went through and cleared things out just to give the appearance that someone was still living there but now that her house is on the market to be sold I moved it to my house. Very strange to see it in the driveway every time I come home.

After driving it a few times I discovered it had a leaky valve cover gasket, of course it was the rear one under the intake that is a pain to get to. A friend of mine is currently in need of a car so I got the parts as well as new spark plugs and replaced them and the valve cover since it would need to be taken apart again in another 24,000 miles to do them.

Took a few hours but should be a good car now and I’m glad it’s going to a good friend.

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
Sorry for your lose. Great story, good karma, carry on.

Have a good day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts