Nissan Murano Forum banner

641 - 660 of 858 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am trying to get a response on Android Auto feature on C800 Pro , but for some reason, he is referring to wireless car play, just asked him specifically about Android auto from "Google", hope I am clear this time & can get a response on that.

Also do you know if the seller provides the 'H' shape clamp which holds the AC unit box (as shown in Picture) & that clamp also used to screw the head unit to centre console, or do I need to remove the existing clamp & re-fix on the new head unit?

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #642
You do not need the brackets you are refering to, they are used only if you are using a double din unit. The c500 is utlraslim design, you only need the 2 screws at the bottom to secure it.

You would remove the stock head unit, and leave the ac module on the brackets, then reattach the brackets without the head unit.

·
Registered
646 Posts
So I upgraded yet again (lol), my sound system, this time I added a DSP (Rockford Fostgate DSR-1), and I got a new Joying Android 8.1 android with Digital Out.

Joying is ahead of the competition, when it comes to these chinese android head unit, they keep improving their product and listen to their customer, they also have excellent customer support. The only downside, they do not have one unit made for the murano. So I bought the Universal unit, and made my own frame, they are using the same IPS 10 inch screen from ownice, so I got the ownice frame on order and it should fit perfectly. For the steering wheel control, I am using the PAC-RI11, and was able to program all the steering wheel buttons. I added a new rear camera also.

Here is my setup:

Android head unit (Using Digital Out) --> DSP -->2XAmp (Sub + 4 Channel) -->Cossover--> 4 Speakers + 1 Sub.

The Rockford Fostgate DSP made a big difference in the sound quality and loudness. There is no hissing noise and the sound is so clear and loud I was awe.

These new Joying android head unit just came out, and this time they added a Digital Out, so you can use that to feed to a better DSP, instead of using their internal DSP.
At first, I was using the RCA out from the unit, although the sound was clear, it lack depth and the outputed very low voltage. So I decided to use the Digital Out instead and it made a huge difference. The sound is so clear and loud, my speakers never sounded this good.

The fostgate DSP has a android app that connects via bluetooth where you can configure it with your phone or tablet. There are so many configurations, advanced equalizer, time shift, freq cutout, etc... I am still experimenting with it. This was the lowet priced DSP I could find in terms of features and price, at $270, it is a very good deal, considering most of the high end DSP are really expensive.

On the DSR-1, I setup my speakers as follow:
Digital IN - 4 Speaker output (FL,FR,RR,RL) full frequency range, +2 sub
After having one issue after another with the AXS-DPS I bit the bullet and brought the DSR-1 unit along with the Nissan Woofer 20 pin breakout setup and some Fostgate RCA connectors. Using these, I created a custom harness to plug the DSR-1into. Pictures are below.

To install everything, all I had to do was pull out the glovebox, remove enough to get the Climate Control down out of the way without unplugging it. I placed the DSR-1 above the round dashboard brace over the glovebox and ran the harness over to the back of the CC area. Reaching under the radio I removed the 20 pin connector and connected the harness between the radio and 20 pin connector. All I had to connect was power, ACC, and ground. Took me longer to just remove the AXS-DSP unit several days before then do the entire new install.

Unlike the ASX-DSP, the DSR-1 works very well with Android. Every time I wanted to make a change to the AXS-DSP, I had to borrow a Mac or iPhone. Also the DSR-1 has 6 speaker programable output locations, along with bass output. I might add an extra set of Mid/Low speakers to the front doors like Assad has done, strictly for more of a bass punch.

Bass response seems a little sharper to these old ears, to the point that I now have to upgrade the speakers in the woof on the spare tire with 100 watt woofers. I haven't taken the woofer apart, but I'm hoping that they're a common size for replacement small bass speakers. I'll post the outcome when I'm finished with that project.

I've retained all functionality of the original Bose/Navigation system with the navigation voice only coming out the front speakers.

Have a good day.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Could any existing Ownice owner with Murano (SV) "Non-Bose with Navigation" share there 20-40 pin pictures ?

The Ali express seller "Store:ShenZhen Burgeon Technology Co.,Ltd" told me that they have all the correct harness for my vehicle (20-40 pins) before placing my order, but now they are showing me 20-36 pins which I think belongs to model (S), My bad not to ask them picture before placing the order.

I have already shared all the 20-40 pin wiring diagrams for (SV), & he asked me to "Wait" , waiting since yesterday, not sure he will mess up the wiring, if he is going to do it for the first time.

Attaching the 20-36 pins pictures he sent me yesterday.

I placed the order for C800 Pro:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-1-IPS-Android-8-1-Octa-Core-4GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-Car-DVD-Player-For/32990295930.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.1cec2fbfX31UtN

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
The one he showed you is the 20/32 pins connector, that will not work in the SV, only the S as you pointed out.

Here is the pinout and the connector for the 40pins, what you have sent them should be enough though, as long as they do not mess up the wiring. The 40 pins connector look the same as the 32, just more pins, they should know.

@Tiberius Gavier has the same unit, you can check with him, I believe he got the SV, but not 100% sure

youtube.com/watch?v=dSBHYUADgcg&t=82s

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #646
@PaulDay :29:

Nice wiring, looks very professional

Also make sure you download the latest firmware and upgrade your dsr-1, mine came with outdated firmware, so I had to upgrade it.
2017 DSR1 signal processor - software & owner's manual

I do not think you will get a lot of bass from those small speakers in the trunk. When it comes to bass, size matters, because it's all about moving the air around, the bigger the better.

·
Registered
646 Posts
@PaulDay :29:

Nice wiring, looks very professional

Also make sure you download the latest firmware and upgrade your dsr-1, mine came with outdated firmware, so I had to upgrade it.
2017 DSR1 signal processor - software & owner's manual

I do not think you will get a lot of bass from those small speakers in the trunk. When it comes to bass, size matters, because it's all about moving the air around, the bigger the better.
Thanks. I did all the updates and I left the USB cord plugged in with the other end hanging down behind the passenger's kick panel for future updates.

I'd rather not have an extra box for a sub hanging around. I'm just going to upgrade the speakers so that I can get a better bass response from the Boss 200 amp now driving the woofer box. If that doesn't make me happy, I might look at something that can possibly fit under the back seat on the driver's side.

I still have to go to my friend's sound shop to get the sound tuned for the car.

I would upgrade the head unit, but I refuse to give up SirusXM. Adding it just seems too much trouble. I'm going thru looking into adding SirusXM to the 2013 Rav4 my wife drives (Which she loves and has been refusing to give up!), very little that work seamlessly with the stock radio. I've had her to the Nissan dealer, having her sitting in the 19 Rogue and am setting up a demo for her to drive this weekend, with SirusXM. I'm hoping that will convince her to give up the Rav4 and let me purchase the Rogue for her to drive instead.

Happy wife, happy life!

Have a good day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The one he showed you is the 20/32 pins connector, that will not work in the SV, only the S as you pointed out.

Here is the pinout and the connector for the 40pins, what you have sent them should be enough though, as long as they do not mess up the wiring. The 40 pins connector look the same as the 32, just more pins, they should know.

@Tiberius Gavier has the same unit, you can check with him, I believe he got the SV, but not 100% sure

youtube.com/watch?v=dSBHYUADgcg&t=82s

I finally cancelled my order for Ownice c800 Pro with the seller, after 2-3 days back-and-forth with the seller and convincing about the 32-40 pin configuration, he finally agreed on 40 pins & asked another 10-12 days to build that 40 pins, I could not understand why one need 10 days to make a wiring harness , I cancelled the order as I didn't want to go through the hassle of
waiting long & receiving a bad wiring harness.

Now I am thinking to buy a Rockford DSR1 & a 4 channel AMP (Kenwood KAC-M3004 Compact 4 Channel Digital Amplifier) in same price I was buying the Ownice head unit & use with factory head unit.

One question :

I want to place a centre speaker in the dashboard , I know DSP has a centre channel configuration, but not sure how to feed that centre channel to a 4 channel AMP or do I need to look for any other AMP which can support centre channel, any suggestion on this?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #649
Hi rkj,

Too bad, was hoping you could give us a review of the ownice with the new DSP.

10 days is not that long, considering they have to make the cable or get it from other places, their shipping is also pretty fast via DHL, usually 5 days. I think another user here had to wait for them to make the cable.

You cannot power 5 speakers with a 4 channel amp; if you wire 2 speakers to one terminal, then the overall impedance will decrease by 1/2, and you risk of blowing up the speaker easily.

If you want a center channel, you will need to buy at least a 5ch amp, and those are more expensive, and tend to be only available on higher end amplifier. Rockford Fosgate has one 5 channel amp that is as small as the kenwood, but at a high price point.

The DSR-1 has lots of configuration options, some of them very advanced (see the youtube review I posted in my previous post), you can take it to a sound shop and they will calibrate it for you.
For me, I just use the basic setup, and left everything else at factory setting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi rkj,

You cannot power 5 speakers with a 4 channel amp; if you wire 2 speakers to one terminal, then the overall impedance will decrease by 1/2, and you risk of blowing up the speaker easily.
Hi Assad,
Can I use a +ve from left & -ve from right 4 channel AMP & power my centre dash speaker, I know this setup won't use center channel from DSP ?

Not sure if you referred to the same scenario in your above post about the decrease in impedance.

from sound stage point of view I just wanted to use the center place to fill the sound & would prefer the high-end frequency or vocals to come out from that speaker,is it possible at all ?

https://www.termpro.com/asp/pubs.asp?id=115

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #651
Joying just released an android head unit for the Murano, this one should be plug and play, but make sure you inquire about the connector as I think this one is meant for the S model (32 pin connector), the SV and SL have 40 pin connector instead of 32.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Wabba J, any update about the backup cam issue?

-------------------------

I am getting ready to do a major audio upgrade, so stay tuned!

hey again buddy :)

I've been so busy for a while, and since it was a long winter in Canada, I decided to just put my Murano Android project on hold.

Here's a reminder and an update....

I bought the Ownice C500 unit for my 2017 Murano SV. It required a 40pin cable harness. Ownice sent one to me, but it was all incorrectly pinned. I got the unit to work for the most part, thanks to members like yourself (thanks!). The remaining issue is the backup camera.

I tried putting the stock unit in, and saw that the camera isn't working for the stock unit either. I must have fried it when I was doing my first install of the Ownice and plugged the AC cable in the wrong spot or something.

Anyway, I bought a camera from ebay, and now that the weather is finally pleasant, I'm going to go outside, and put it in the Murano, as well as the original stock head unit. This way I'll test to make sure that the camera works.

If it does, I'll come back, and maybe we can figure out where the yellow/purple/black pins all have to go for my harness :crazyeye:

Stay tuned!!

Looks like you're doing some really great work yourself Assad!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2015 Murano platinum with NAV, Bose, and 360 cameras. Been a while since I’ve been on this forum, but Assad mentioned that the first unit he had would work but I would lose a lot of features and maybe check back in the future.A few years later and it seems that they definitely have some new options out there like the Joying, Dasaita, and Ownice. If I’m trying to keep as many of the stock features like the cameras and the buttons on the steering wheel, which head unit would you recommend? I also have an iPhone and would like to be able to integrate that as well. I guess the next question would be which pin connection I would need? Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the Dasaita with the 40pin connector. I was able to swc, backup camera, etc. They just released a unit with android 9.0, so you may want to reach out to the vendor regarding any changes.

I have a 2015 Murano platinum with NAV, Bose, and 360 cameras. Been a while since I’️ve been on this forum, but Assad mentioned that the first unit he had would work but I would lose a lot of features and maybe check back in the

Eric

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the Dasaita with the 40pin connector. I was able to swc, backup camera, etc. They just released a unit with android 9.0, so you may want to reach out to the vendor regarding any changes.
Which Desaita do you have? Does it give you the full 360 camera?

·
Registered
39 Posts
So it turns out this isn't available to buy. It's simply a video showing them testing a prototype. Disappointing - back to the drawing board

Joying just released an android head unit for the Murano, this one should be plug and play, but make sure you inquire about the connector as I think this one is meant for the S model (32 pin connector), the SV and SL have 40 pin connector instead of 32.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you originally have the Bose with navigation? Please forgive my ignorance, but is the Marano Z52 like the platinum version and what is the AMD SWC? Are you able to switch camera views like you were with the camera button on the OEM head unit?
I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on the Desaita, I just want to make sure it’s fully compatible with my vehicle. 2015 Platinum.

Yes i have 360 camera amd swc.

US $350.76 26%OFF | 10.2" Android 8.0 car multimedia for Nissan Murano Z52 2015-2017 with 4+32G support radio BT 4G DAB+
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c7zFXGVK

I have the Dasaita

Which Desaita do you have? Does it give you the full 360 camera?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the 2015 murano bose with navi. Roll back this thread to page 44. Instructions for everything for dasaita are listed in that page range. Instructions on how many pins you need and the accessories for the camera.

Did you originally have the Bose with navigation? Please forgive my ignorance, but is the Marano Z52 like the platinum version and what is the AMD SWC?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the 2015 murano bose with navi. Roll back this thread to page 44. Instructions for everything for dasaita are listed in that page range. Instructions on how many pins you need and the accessories for the camera.

Did you originally have the Bose with navigation? Please forgive my ignorance, but is the Marano Z52 like the platinum version and what is the AMD SWC?

I think he made a typo and meant to say "and SWC"
Which means "steering wheel controls"

641 - 660 of 858 Posts