Nissan Murano Forum banner

841 - 860 of 880 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Folks,

I have some questions for all those that have upgraded their Murano head unit to a 2017/18 version.

I’m considering upgrading my 2016 (Bose w/ Nav) head unit. Note I’m currently on my 2nd 2016 head unit via warranty.

However, I don’t want to upgrade unless some of the basic 2016 problems have been fixed for the 2017 & 2018 models. And yes having Car Play would be nice but not if all the current problems still exist.

I’d like to ask for comments from those that have upgraded if they experience any of these issues with their newer head units;
  • USB music randomly begins to play while you are listening from another source.
  • USB doesn’t engage when you hit source USB. It takes 3-4 minutes to “find” the USB stick.
  • Head unit freezes or totally locks up while switching from a source or forwarding to the next song in a file. The only way to unlock is stop the car and turn ignition off.
  • Head unit randomly decides to totally “reboot” leaving all head unit functionality blacked out including back up camera display. This reboot takes about a minute then returns to normal.
I was also hoping for confirmation that the 2018 Murano head unit for Bose and Nav is 28915-9UC4A?
I was told that that part number is for a 2017.5/18. I was told that there are several part numbers that are Bose/Nav. I have not confirmed them all but some others have in previous threads. I have a 16 also and have not experienced any of the issues you mentioned. Others may have more feedback.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I would try another USB drive, or possibly you have some MP3s that the head unit can't cope with...

How many MP3s do you have loaded on the USB drive?

This is from the 2015 Nissan Connect owner's manual:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would try another USB drive, or possibly you have some MP3s that the head unit can't cope with...

How many MP3s do you have loaded on the USB drive?

This is from the 2015 Nissan Connect owner's manual:

View attachment 50843
HI

I HAVE TRIED AT LEAST 5 DIFFERENT USB STICKS (sorry for the caps). I have also tried various capacities on the sticks. most recently they are 32gb subs and I have them at 75% capacity.
they are all normal 320kbs mp3 format music files.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Does anyone know when swapping out the stock radio to a 2017.5 or 2018 if you need to have the bottom part for the climate control for it to work. Are they tied to the units or will the old one still work with the new unit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks Chauncy. I have the cameras working now. One other question: my radio has very poor reception, I will double check the antenna conection but just wondering if you had the same problem. Thanks.
Hey gcuinas,

I’m looking to get the Max6 as well. Was it plug and play with just a few settings to adjust? I have a 2016 Platinum with Bose and Nav. Everything else functions as normal? And does it have CarPlay and android auto built in?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey gcuinas,

I’m looking to get the Max6 as well. Was it plug and play with just a few settings to adjust? I have a 2016 Platinum with Bose and Nav. Everything else functions as normal? And does it have CarPlay and android auto built in?

TIA

It should be plug and play. Let the vendor know you have Bose and 360 camera. They may have to send you the 40 pin adapter(may be the wrong term), instead of the one that comes with it. If you are buying from Ali express, they will know what you mean. Send them a message first and confirm first. If they say it's all good, purchase and send them a message after.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It should be plug and play. Let the vendor know you have Bose and 360 camera. They may have to send you the 40 pin adapter(may be the wrong term), instead of the one that comes with it. If you are buying from Ali express, they will know what you mean. Send them a message first and confirm first. If they say it's all good, purchase and send them a message after.
Thanks Chauncy did this have built in CarPlay and Android Auto? And do you still like it? No issues?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Could you please send a photo of the back of the unit and stickers that are readable? I'd like to see the number and positions of the connectors. The wires on the green plug in your hand might be integrated into one of the existing connectors on the '19 model. It should be a simple matter of using the wiring diagrams from the '15 and '19 to see where the wires need to be connected to make it work.

I've been hold back doing this just for this reason. I'd love having Android connect, seeing I don't do apple.

If you just want apple play, you need a head unit from a '17.5, or '18. Both have apple play, but still use an SD card for mapping and such. Will be a direct swap out.

Tell you what, now that I see it's a simple USB? connection issue, I'll be getting a '19 head unit and will have my '17.5 for sale with current '19 maps. If you're interested, let me know and I'll contact you as soon as I get the replacement wired correctly and installed.

Curious if you ever made this switch. The only connector on the radio unit missing between the years is a white one, where I guess there was no spot to plug that blue wire/connector to. I'm curious if you figured out what that was.

·
Super Moderator
1,034 Posts
Curious if you ever made this switch. The only connector on the radio unit missing between the years is a white one, where I guess there was no spot to plug that blue wire/connector to. I'm curious if you figured out what that was.
Season change has me swamped right now.

From what I've seen, not checking wiring diagrams yet, I'm wondering if that is the SX antenna connector? Wonder if they're using a different antenna that doesn't have the same connectors. Several things that I'm going to have to look into. Do you know if there's a different part number for the radio that includes SX?

Have a good day.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Season change has me swamped right now.

From what I've seen, not checking wiring diagrams yet, I'm wondering if that is the SX antenna connector? Wonder if they're using a different antenna that doesn't have the same connectors. Several things that I'm going to have to look into. Do you know if there's a different part number for the radio that includes SX?

Have a good day.
I don't, and I think they all include it, especially in the Nav with Bose edition.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Radio was shipped anything else I need to get? To retain the two USB ports I already have or anything else?

@Chauncy

Yes. I bought the items below from Amazon.
Pc-case 0.5ft Rf Electrical Wire Connector Fakra "C" Plug to SMA Male Straight Assembly Extension Coaxial Cable Rg174 15cm for GPS Antenna

Electop 2 Pack USB 2.0 A Male to USB B Mini 5 Pin Female Adapter Converter

C2G 03181 Value Series One RCA Female to Two RCA Male Y-Cable, Black (6 Inches)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Chauncy did this have built in CarPlay and Android Auto? And do you still like it? No issues?

It comes with both. I have an android and I really don't use it. The radio has so any functions, you wouldn't want to waste time with it. Your phone book will automatically load when connected to Bluetooth. I have music loaded to an SD card, that stays in my USB port. So I use poweramp to play music from my library. Trust me you will love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there,

I just installed a Seicane Android 8.1 on my 2015 Murano SV. Everything works except the factory backup camera. When I shift into reverse, the head unit is sensing it since the screen turns black but I got no video from the camera. All it display is an arrow back icon.

Is there a setting I need to do? Thanks in advance for any suggestion/advice from those who have done it..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think there is a missing wire on the Seicane's 40 pin harness. In the attached pic of the Seicane harness black is pin#60.
From my understanding you shouldn’t have a 40 pin harness unless you have the Bose system. you should have a 32 pin.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Android Head Unit Information Request

Hi Folks,

I posted this in the other smaller Android Thread and afternoon almost a week revived one reply. I am thankful for that one reply but I wanted to post here and get a few more opinions.

I have decided not to replace my 2016 Murano Head Unit (w/Bose,Nav) with a newer model Nissan. I have had too many issues with the current stock unit.
Therefore, I am looking closely at a new Android Model. I’ve been monitoring this thread as well as the other huge thread on this forum- the consensus seems to have drifted from Ownice and Sony to Dasaita. With many going with the Max6 10.2 inch Android 9.0. Can I ask if this model is HA5246K-Max6. The other that seems available for the 2016 Murano is HA5246K-V940. (US$355 vs $394 on AliExpress)

I’d like to post a few questions and draw some comments from Murano owners that have purchased either of these.
  1. What’s the difference between the Max6 and V940? other than screen configuration they seem the same to me. I find the AliExpress and the Dasaita websites skeptical in specifications and I’m assuming because of translation issues.
  2. Size – when I measure my current stock it seems to be 4.25 X 7” or a net screen size of 8”. There is a considerable border around the screen. I’m not a huge fan of the Max6 model that has the adjustable screen that sticks out. Will the V940 fit as easily as the Max6 for my vehicle?
  3. Screen Glare – I have heard about some screen glare issues with some of the Android Head Units. Have any of you had any glare issues?
  4. I love having the ability to see the song playing as well as a mini screen showing GPS directions on my speedometer screen. Will either of these units allow for that? I've noticed in the previous post that the Sony unit provides this functionality. For GPS I’m likely going to use Waze via a plugged in to iPhone over Carplay.
  5. The many posts on the 2 forums indicate the Max6 allows for all my camera views (360 etc). is there any reason I would not get the same with the V940?
  6. USB ports – I haven’t seen many posts regarding the ability to tie into the current stock USB ports. I know the Android units come with 2-3 USB ports but will the wire harness allow the tie in to the stock ports?
  7. Has there been any of the previous stock issues with use of USB played music on these Dasaita units ? Such as USB music arbitrarily starting to play while you are in another source. Or a delay in playing music from the USB source?
  8. Vendor and costing details;
  9. Has anyone purchased either Dasaita from Amazon?
  10. I’m in Canada - If buying from AliExpress have other Canadians had to pay duty on top of the posted purchase price? According to the AliExpress site they deliver free to Canada. Please share your experience.
  11. Sirius XM – there has been many discussions about the lack of Satellite radio. I’m reluctant to rely of using my iPhone data plan. A friend suggested getting a standalone satellite radio and somehow tying it into my sound system. Has any of you done this successfully?
  12. Some facts on my current add ons. I replaced the Bose amp with ARC Audio X2 Series Class D 5 Channel Amplifier. I also had an Axxess AX DSP 31 band added. The collective sound is amazing. I’m hearing way more all-around sound coming from the rear and the BASS from the Bose subwoofer is stunning.
  13. I’m in my late 50’s- have any of the older posters on here that have switched mind losing the large physical knobs ?
I really enjoy this forum and appreciate the efforts by all of you in the time you take to keep us lurkers informed on your many projects related to your Muranos.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was looking on Amazon.ca and there are several negative reviews for the Max6. Ratings 3-5 are 73% and 1-2 are 26%. They seem to be recent as well. I was hoping this would be a decent long term fix for me. I'd appreciate any comments from Dasaita Murano owners.

841 - 860 of 880 Posts