Nissan Murano Forum banner

861 - 880 of 880 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was looking on Amazon.ca and there are several negative reviews for the Max6. Ratings 3-5 are 73% and 1-2 are 26%. They seem to be recent as well. I was hoping this would be a decent long term fix for me. I'd appreciate any comments from Dasaita Murano owners.
I have the previous model, px5. I upgraded it to android 9 with malaysk rom. No issues for me. I've maintained swc and 360 camera.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the previous model, px5. I upgraded it to android 9 with malaysk rom. No issues for me. I've maintained swc and 360 camera.
They sent me new firmware update for the unit. Didn’t resolve the issue with the wording being in Chinese for the 360 camera but did include the option for a 360 button to push and see all the cameras

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi
I'm getting the Dasaita Max 6 installed next week. I understand it allows for a micro sd card and comes with an 8gb pre;loaded with GPS maps. I'm not likley to use the gps much as i will use waze.
i was wondering if i could replace the 8gb card with a larger capacity. How big a capacity micro sd card i could go with . i'd like to load one with music and videos to augment the 3 usb ports that also come with it.
Has anyone else used the micro sd card for music and videos ?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #864
Hi @Maritimer555
Max is 64GB
I am storing all my videos and songs in the micro SD card.

The max6 comes with Android10, so android will also use it as a cache for apps you install, so do not delete those if you see some funny files in there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Assad. i also plan to make use of the 3 USB ports that come with it.

I'm making an assumption that once the unit is installed it will not be easy to change out the Micro Sd card.

Ayn comments on card quality.
I bought the Lexar High Performance 300x UHS-1 32gb Micro SD Card
I also have Samsung Fit Plus Mini USB that I plan to use. I also have several Sandisk micro cruz and have been looking at the PNY Elite-X Fit. As I have been very disappointed with the the stock head unit reading times for my USB, i'm a little paranoid that i get better read times with the Max 6.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #866
Lexar sd cards are good brand, I used samsung evo 64GB on mine, and it is working great.
These are usb2.0, so anytime you read large file from it, it will be slow. Thats why I like to keep all my music and videos on my SD card. I only use the usb port to transfer files or do updates.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Folks,
My Dasaita Max6 was installed today. So far i love it. Very nice fit and not overwhelming.
One thing that was noticed with the install. My Bose spare tire sub woofer speakers were in bad shape.
I thought about getting a used Nissan Bose replacement but it looks like i would have to import from USA and the cost is not worth it as the stock unit wasn't very good.

So i'm looking to upgrade the Subwoofer. I'd like to stay with a spare tire model. I'm told i need an UNpowered unit.
Can i ask what other Murano owners have done re replacing the base sub? I'd love to find one that fits in the spare tire and is unpowered.

Apologies if this is a tad off topic.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello again,

I thought I’d update on my post above. Because of covid supplies are sparse I had trouble finding a sub that could work in my set up. But I ordered a Pioneer Ts-A2500Lb from Amazon. It will get the job done and hopefully will be an improvement over the Bose.

My install will be complete when the sub arrives and also when a couple of parts arrive for the SiriusXm add on.

I plan to use Agama Car Laucher, and am debating Power Amp or Black Player Ex as the music player.
im not happy with the Max6 radio player interface. I plan to scour the XDA forums to see if I’m able to download an app that will have a better radio interface while running on the MAX6 stock radio. If any of you switched this please comment.

I‘m also plan to try and get CarPlay as an option right on the Agama front page. I’d also love to rename the Dlink app to CarPlay but I think that will be impossible.

My initial thoughts are that it’s a great unit. I was concerned that at 10 inches it might overwhelm my dash. It doesn’t , it fits in flush and looks great. I’ll need to get used to using the dash volume controls and the deck small controls. I’ve caught myself twice reaching for the heater button thinking it was the volume.

I put a 500gb portable HD in the glove box. That’s where we located the 3rd USB. I can report that it does read and play all my hi res audio and video files. I’m not happy with the stock music player interface but as mentioned above I hope to change that soon.
i changed out the microsd card. It came with an 8gb, and went with 32gb and wish I had purchased a 64gb. Assad was nice enough to inform me and the sparse manual confirms that the max Sd card is 64gb. I think I will pick up a 64gb today as the installer will be removing the unit from the dash for a couple of reasons when the Sub, and Satellite parts arrive.

The above are some of my random thoughts on my install and configuration.

My unit again is the Dasaita Max 6 , with Android 9, and the Px6 chip and 10 inch screen purchased off Amazon.

Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #869
Why didn't you go with the MAX 10? Looks to be the same price as the MAX 6, also they just upgraded their screen resolution, not that it makes a big difference.

Amazon has spare tire subwoofer from brand name that should fit the Murano, did you do a search?
It might not be as powerful as the one you bought, but I can guarantee it will be better than the bose.

The DSP on the Dasaita is very good, it has separate RCA for subwoofer, so that should give you plenty of bass.

I had a pioneer before, they are great subwoofer. They tend to produce lots of punch bass.
I switch to 2ohm 600W kicker, that one produces lots of bass, and is spacier.

Agama is good, but too simplistic, I choose to go with FCC Launcher. With FCC launcher you can change the name and the icon of the app easily. I also displays the name of the street you are on, has speed limit display, and lots of module you can display such as speed, distance travelled, weather, etc... i will post my home screen when I get a chance

If you are looking for a custom radio app, you would need to change your ROM, they have one on XDA that is compatible with this unit, if you want to venture into reflashing your unit.

The music player I use is Player Pro, very similar to PowerAMP, but has more options and neater interface. For videos, I use VLC and youtube

·
Registered
74 Posts
Why didn't you go with the MAX 10? Looks to be the same price as the MAX 6, also they just upgraded their screen resolution, not that it makes a big difference.

Amazon has spare tire subwoofer from brand name that should fit the Murano, did you do a search?

It might not be as powerful as the one you bought, but I can guarantee it will be better than the bose.

The DSP on the Dasaita is very good, it has separate RCA for subwoofer, so that should give you plenty of bass.

I had a pioneer before, they are great subwoofer. They tend to produce lots of punch bass.
I switch to 2ohm 600W kicker, that one produces lots of bass, and is spacier.

Agama is good, but too simplistic, I choose to go with FCC Launcher. With FCC launcher you can change the name and the icon of the app easily. I also displays the name of the street you are on, has speed limit display, and lots of module you can display such as speed, distance travelled, weather, etc... i will post my home screen when I get a chance

If you are looking for a custom radio app, you would need to change your ROM, they have one on XDA that is compatible with this unit, if you want to venture into reflashing your unit.

The music player I use is Player Pro, very similar to PowerAMP, but has more options and neater interface. For videos, I use VLC and youtube
The unit was actually purchased back in late Feb early March,then covid hit- its a long story. I wasn't aware at that time about Max 10.

I did do a search on amazon. I couldn't find an unpowered spare tire sub.

We may keep the AX DSP as i already have the bass knob wired and set up. And i would have to buy a new bass knob for the Arc Audi amp if i did not keep the Ax DSP. a small point.
i will look at the FCC launcher and player pro- thanks for the suggestions.

re a radio app - I'm not that keen on modding the software to get a better radio. Perhaps i'll try it for a month and see what happens. Did you stick with the stock radio ?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #871
Yes I did, but I barely listen to radio anymorem I use TuneIn Radio from the app store

Here is my home screen from FCC launcher on dasaita max10:
From left to right:
TOP:
Time and date, number of satellite GPS is locked in, weather + 3 day forecast and city, bluetooth and WIFI (When phone is connected it turns blue, if not it is solid gray)
BOTTOM:
Equalizer, back camera, front camera, street you are on, settings, mini map(it display a mini map of google maps), all apps.
Of course there are lots more plugins such as speed limit and customization you can use. But this is how I did mine:

·
Registered
74 Posts
My phone data plan has a low cap so using tunein for radio and also
the SiriusXM app is out of the question. I’ll either live with it or learn how to root the device as you already suggested. As for satellite radio I’m looking at a stratus7 add on with a remote.

i love the clock format you have. I’m still playing with FCC as it’s so customizable it’s scary. What is the name of that clock option you have?

·
Registered
74 Posts
They sent me new firmware update for the unit. Didn’t resolve the issue with the wording being in Chinese for the 360 camera but did include the option for a 360 button to push and see all the cameras
Hi Racer,

I just had the Dasaita installed and my unit also displays the Chinese symbols at the bottom of the back up screen. I could have sworn that I saw a fix on one of these forums but cannot seem to locate it.
If you have a fix, can you send it along to me?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #875
i love the clock format you have. I’m still playing with FCC as it’s so customizable it’s scary. What is the name of that clock option you have?

Reactions: Maritimer555

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys, I am using the Max10 here. Are all of you using your phone's hotspot for internet? I'm looking at other options. I have ordered an LTE dongle that I can just connect to one of the USB ports. It's supposed to act like a "connected device", so it doesn't count against your hotspot/tethering cap. Has anyone tried this, or know if it would work?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes I did, but I barely listen to radio anymorem I use TuneIn Radio from the app store

Here is my home screen from FCC launcher on dasaita max10:
From left to right:
TOP:
Time and date, number of satellite GPS is locked in, weather + 3 day forecast and city, bluetooth and WIFI (When phone is connected it turns blue, if not it is solid gray)
BOTTOM:
Equalizer, back camera, front camera, street you are on, settings, mini map(it display a mini map of google maps), all apps.
Hey @assad, That's a sweet looking home screen. I'm looking at the FCam app icon you have on the bottom row. This isn't going to work for me, because I don't have anything plugged into "FCam" in the back. When I open the 360 camera view on this, it doesn't open like a normal app. I had to map it to one of the side panel buttons, and when it opens, it appears to do some video mode switch....which is fine, but I am thinking that I can use a y-splitter for the yellow rca plug in the back to send the signal to the main cam plug AND the FCam plug. Then I can use the app to view the cam. Do you think this would work?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #878
Hey guys, I am using the Max10 here. Are all of you using your phone's hotspot for internet? I'm looking at other options. I have ordered an LTE dongle that I can just connect to one of the USB ports. It's supposed to act like a "connected device", so it doesn't count against your hotspot/tethering cap. Has anyone tried this, or know if it would work?
LTE dongle should work the same way your phone works.
Not sure what you are doing that requires so much bandwidth.
I have unlimited data, but my tethering is cap at 2G I think, and I have never reach that cap in the car. And I do a lot streaming, google map, youtube, etc...

I doubt that would work.
The camera connector on the back is an input to the unit, not an output. If you pay close attention to that connector, it has a red wire (fcam power), which powers the f camera once you click on the button, and switches the video to view the cam. I bought a seperate front camera for the murano, that connects to the front emblem, and connected it to the fcam.

For 360 cam, all cam video signals go to a single module, which takes it and create the bird's eye view.
The canbus allows you to select signle camera view.

·
Registered
24 Posts
LTE dongle should work the same way your phone works.
Not sure what you are doing that requires so much bandwidth.
I have unlimited data, but my tethering is cap at 2G I think, and I have never reach that cap in the car. And I do a lot streaming, google map, youtube, etc...
I'm not sure either, but I burned through 2GB in less than 2 weeks. It may have been in the first couple of days when I was having problems with it, and it kept downloading the same app updates without installing them. Maybe I am jumping the gun on this. My cap resets tomorrow, so I'll see what my data usage is like this upcoming month.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Guys.

I can't seem to get the Poweramp screen art to show in the Agama center home page when i play a song. I can see it at the bottom of the agama page.
I'd also love to have the agama volume up and down icons to work to control the Poweramp sound.
Does anyone know how to accomplish these 2 points ?

861 - 880 of 880 Posts