·
Registered
34 Posts
Installed new subwoofer

Hi Gripper,

Please find all manuals in pdf by following this link:
Index of /FSM/Murano/2015 Murano

-------------------------

Today, I install a new subwofer I bought from amazon, very small and low profile, and packs a punch.
The subwoofer is excellent, I shakes the whole car at full volume. I originally installed under the driver's seat, but moved it under the passenger seat because it was blocking the vents located under the driver's seat.
I used the BAT+ and GND coming from the accessory connector and the SUB-OUT on the head unit. Love it so far...

Amazon.com: Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Powered Enclosed Subwoofer for CAR: Car Electronics
Hello! I just purchased a 3rd gen 2020 Murano and am looking to install a slim all in one sub just like you did. I was wondering if you think it would fit underneath the back seat?? ideally id like to have it under the front seats but both sides have vents.... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #882 ·
Hello,

Can you show us the sub?

Both front seat have vents like you said, but if the sub is slim enough it can fit below it. The vents are made out of plastic and can be easily raised. This would be my preference, because ease of accessibility, this is where I have both my amps right now.

The back seats are not easily removed, and not sure how they would sound since you are completely enclosing the sub, also you won't be able to access it easily. The space there is limited though, just keep that in mind. I have not done it, but some people here might have put their sub there.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #883 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Cota_SA
See how I raised the vents to fit the amp and sub
I used some industrial Velcro to secure them to the carpet

View attachment 52423

This is when I had this kenwood slim powered sub:

View attachment 52424

The sub I am looking to install is the 8 inch kicker slim....

Here's the link https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker...-150w-amplifier-black/3526208.p?skuId=3526208

I originally wanted it under the front seat, but wasn't sure if the vent would damage the sub when the heater is used during the cold winter months

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #885 ·
It should fit the front or passenger seat. I would not worry about the heat from the vents.

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Cota_SA

View attachment 52423

View attachment 52424

I wanted to ask about the sound of the Kenwood all in one. Was the sound worth the effort? I also wanted to ask about fitment. The kicker all in one I am looking to install is bigger in size than the model you used by 1-2 inches all around. I want to make sure it fits

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #887 ·
When it comes to sub, the bigger the better.
The Kenwood is decent, it will certainly be an upgrade to the oem sound. It will not shake your windows, but you can feel the added bass. It has also gotten lots of good reviews on Amazon.

Kicker is also name brand for more punch bass. So you cannot go wrong with it it. I love my new kicker

I needed more bass with my new setup, so I replaced it with this kicker wich I placed in the trunk.

My guess is that it will fit, you have 2 options, under the driver's seat and passenger seat, both vents are flexible to lift over the slim sub.
Best would be to take some measurements. You do not have to remove the seat, just move it all the way forward, that should give you enough room to work with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When it comes to sub, the bigger the better.
The Kenwood is decent, it will certainly be an upgrade to the oem sound. It will not shake your windows, but you can feel the added bass. It has also gotten lots of good reviews on Amazon.

Kicker is also name brand for more punch bass. So you cannot go wrong with it it. I love my new kicker

I needed more bass with my new setup, so I replaced it with this kicker wich I placed in the trunk.

My guess is that it will fit, you have 2 options, under the driver's seat and passenger seat, both vents are flexible to lift over the slim sub.
Best would be to take some measurements. You do not have to remove the seat, just move it all the way forward, that should give you enough room to work with.

Thank you! I’m trying to keep all the speakers Kicker so I’ll see what happens with the 8inch Sub!

I’ll try to upload pics of the Wheels and Sound once it’s all done

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #889 ·
Thank you! I’m trying to keep all the speakers Kicker so I’ll see what happens with the 8inch Sub!

I’ll try to upload pics of the Wheels and Sound once it’s all done
Ok, looking forward to it
Good luck...

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #891 ·
Yes, I did.
The front speakers are component speakers with a woofer and a tweeter on the dash. So its better to replace both.
The install is pretty easy for the dash speakers, for the door speaker just make sure you get the right adapter.
Which model do you have?

Reactions: RacerX2050

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, I did.
The front speakers are component speakers with a woofer and a tweeter on the dash. So its better to replace both.
The install is pretty easy for the dash speakers, for the door speaker just make sure you get the right adapter.
Which model do you have?
I have a 2020 Murano S. I will be replacing the dash speakers with Kicker 2 3/4 and the doors with 2 way kicker 6 3/4 CS series.

In regards to the sub, when it was under the front seat did it ever bother you while you were driving? This is something I've been curious about.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #893 ·
In regards to the sub, when it was under the front seat did it ever bother you while you were driving? This is something I've been curious about.
Not at all, you will barely notice it.
Just make sure there is enough clearance on top to move the seat forward and back.

assad

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #895 ·
Looking really good...
Nice rims, but I am not a fan of tires sticking out (spacers?).
Need to have those calipers painted to complete the look.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looking really good...
Nice rims, but I am not a fan of tires sticking out (spacers?).
Need to have those calipers painted to complete the look.
NO Spacers. I was concerned about the tires being too wide but love the look!

I’m planning a chrome delete and Caliper paint soon after the audio and fogs

·
Super Moderator
8,893 Posts
Remember, when you move the wheels outward you're changing the loads on the bearings and suspension. Be alert for premature front hub failure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Remember, when you move the wheels outward you're changing the loads on the bearings and suspension. Be alert for premature front hub failure.
[/QUOTE

I just realized I typed that wrong... I used NO spacers. Just wheels and tires that’s it

·
Super Moderator
1,353 Posts
I just realized I typed that wrong... I used NO spacers. Just wheels and tires that’s it
Like the look, but:

By design, a tire and the wheel bearing share the same centerline.

Any time you change the center line of the tires outward where they contact the road, you're putting excessive angle load on the bearings supporting the tires. This does cause premature bearing failure. You will also find that your tires are susceptible to the inners edges being scrubbed down from turns. The more the offset, the more these things will happen, especially with a 4,500 + pound car. The further the centerline of the tires is out past the center line of the bearings will cause the car to set lower. The more the offset, the lower the car and more of a tire camber offset then from factory.

This is true wither you've installed spacers, or offset rims to bring the tires out past the factory location. This is just physics, taken into account when the car is designed.

You probably will not be able to see any difference, but a new modern front end alignment machine will be able to detect the angle off set.

After putting putting spacers or offset rims, you should get a 4 wheel alignment. Camber can be adjusted to bring the tires to true vertical, alleviating some of the inner tire wear. This will not alleviate the excessive angel load of the bearing unfortunately. You're on your own for that.

As a precaution, after 10k or so miles, turn off the radio and see if road noises increase when cornering. This could be a sign of bearing wear. Good luck.

Myself, I just went with the widest tires I could get so that the tires don't rub the frame during tight turns.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Pilgrim

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Cota_SA

View attachment 52423

View attachment 52424
I wanted to ask the specs of your amp(s) and if you had to upgrade the alternator or car battery?

881 - 900 of 903 Posts