Nissan Murano Forum banner
901 - 909 of 909 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #901 ·
I wanted to ask the specs of your amp(s) and if you had to upgrade the alternator or car battery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree
This is very unacceptable...
I hope you will let them know by writing a review on their site, so everybody would know.
Well, I suppose I should have paid better attention to this thread before I made my purchase.

I have a 2016 SV with Bose/Nav/reverse cam. After considerable back and forth messaging with the Ownice vendor on AE, I DID receive the correct harness and canbus for my Murano - but that was the last thing that went right.

I had planned on a K6+ unit but the seller upsold me on a K7 without telling me that the K7 did NOT come with CarPlay like the K6+. I realize I should have went back and scrutinized the product listing very closely, but the seller worded his/her response about the K7 in a very misleading manner.

But NO reading of the product listing would have suggested that the alleged 4G capability ONLY works with Sprint compatible SIM cars and services. As a Verizon customer, I would have expected a listing to say if a product was incompatible with the 2nd largest service provider in the US.

The software is crazy with bugs. BT is hinky, and randomly starts up with loud static. The launcher app breaks google maps interface and only shifting the car into reverse and back fixes the UI.

They sent me an update to the system which actually broke a feature that HAD been working; so now I can't change the color of the panel side buttons.

There is NO support other than the AE messaging system; and the seller is the least professional customer service effort I've ever experienced.

When I finally had had enough I asked for a RMA number to return the unit, they completely ignored the request and repeated their 'solution' of 'trying' a sprint card. That was AFTER I already told them that paying more money to use another service provider was unacceptable when I already have a Verizon SIM and plan with unlimited 4G data.

I have asked for an RMA for a third time just now, and if I don't get one I will escalate it with AE, and with the payment processor.

Its a shame; it appears to be good hardware; the sound even with my existing bose amp and speakers is 100% better. and their engineers or techs did a good job of building the correct harness and supplying the correct Canbus for my car. The software won't let me customize the SWCs, but the default functions all work properly.

But their buggy software, shady sales team and dumpster fire customer support are making a good hardware product into a piece of crap.

And if I can't get a simple RMA in good faith for a product that does not work as it is advertised; I will make it my mission to make sure NOBODY who asks about Ownice radios in any public forum I'm in will EVER BUY ONE.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #903 ·
Sorry you had a bad experience with OWNICE.
It is true that the hardware looks good, but it all comes down to the software, the user experience is through the software.

Most of these vendors use just about the same hardware (Radio IC, Amp IC, Bluetooth, Chipset), it all comes down to who has a better software.
I have also read on XDA that the software on the K7 was buggy, that's why why I tried to stay away from it.

I have never tried ownice before, but from my experience with other vendors, Dasaita seems to be a better choice.
Another vendor that I was really looking at is the Teyes CC3, they do have one a head unit for the murano, and it's gotten good reviews on xda.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is true that the hardware looks good, but it all comes down to the software, the user experience is through the software.

Most of these vendors use just about the same hardware (Radio IC, Amp IC, Bluetooth, Chipset), it all comes down to who has a better software.
I have also read on XDA that the software on the K7 was buggy, that's why why I tried to stay away from it.

I have never tried ownice before, but from my experience with other vendors, Dasaita seems to be a better choice.
Another vendor that I was really looking at is the Teyes CC3, they do have one a head unit for the murano, and it's gotten good reviews on xda.
Well, I just tried a dasaita max6 universal unit. I purchased a dasaita harness and canbus separately on eBay. It is supposedly the same cable and canbus that ships WITH dasaita head units that are part of the Nissan Murano specific package with fixed screen inside the facia frame.

I didn't order the version specified for a Murano; because I wanted the floating screen. I assumed that the hardware is the same between the 2 versions.

However, just hooking up the power harness to my car caused the car to go haywire. wouldn't start, indicator lights all flashing, AWD and Key Errors. Pulling the cable returns the car to normal - although the check engine light is still on so I think I'll have to wipe that code.

Can you tell me if the hardware is indeed the same between the Murano specific fixed head units vs. the universal floating head versions?

If so, can you point me at the correct harness/canbus that will work with the universal floating head unit, and give me SWC, reverse camera, and connection to the stock bose audio system?

Or should I just get the fixed head unit and live with the glare 70% of the time?

·
Registered
4 Posts

I am encourage by the Teyes CC3 info, but I don't see carplay functionality listed anywhere. Also, even though the listing I found on ALI appears to be for my car, the page later shows what appears to be a picture of my stock head unit. (See attached).

But then this in the same listing, So WTF is going on?

You know, I build network architectures for buildings and entire campuses - I'm not a dumbass. But these chinese android headunits are going to unhinge my mind.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #906 ·
The canbus module, that red box module that is attached to the 40pin connector, is throwing your car off by sending mix signals to your computer. The canbus module has to be programmed for nissan for SWC and backup camera. You can do a test by just connecting the 20pin connector, and see what happens. You should at least get sound and be able to start the car without any alarms.
Since you bought the universal unit, that canbus might not be the right one. All the hardware are the same from dasaita, they just change the screen and harness to fit a specific car.
Contact dasaita and ask then to ship you the harness for the murano, including the canbus module, then you should be fine.
I have the fixed unit and the glare does not bother me much, the brightness is @100% during the day and 20% at night.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anybody want to by a Dasaita px5? It has Android 9 with Malaysk firmware. I'm thinking about getting the Max 10 because I need hdmi output.

·
Registered
74 Posts
@assad do you still have the dasaita max 10? I want to see if you still think it's worth the purchase. I have monitors in my headrests does it have an hdmi output I can connect them to? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #909 · (Edited)
@assad do you still have the dasaita max 10? I want to see if you still think it's worth the purchase. I have monitors in my headrests does it have an hdmi output I can connect them to? Thanks.
Yes, I still have it and it has been running great, haven't had any issues.
It does have one hdmi-out, but I remove it from the motherboard since I did not have a use for it, the connector was just taking space.

Maybe wait another month or 2. Dasaita contacted me and told me they are coming out with a new model with faster cpu, it might run android 11, have not seen the specs yet.

901 - 909 of 909 Posts