Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I became the latest victim of the faulty alternator situation... The Mo wouldn't start, all warning lights came on with the battery and brake and got the classic tick tick ticking sound of the engine trying to turn over... Had it towed to the dealer (what a sad sight having it ride high up on a flat bed) where I was greeted less than warmly by the service rep. He claimed he hasn't seen any other Muranos in for that problem and heard nothing of it at all. I found that hard to believe since I must see at least 5 a day just in this area alone. Anyway, I'm still waiting for the diagnosis and miss my Mo... Oh, it has only 2200 miles. Any suggestions? :mad:

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
3 suggestions:

1. file a complain with NHTSA. You can not do it online as of 11.05.2004 , so what you need to do is call NHTSA (1-888-DASH-2-DOT or 1-888-327-4236). Dont forget to mention that their online form no longer have murano in it. Have them write a memo to fix it

2. There is no guarantee your alt replacement wont go south again. This is rare, but there are forum members whose alt failed 3 times.
So, have a third party towing arrangement ready: AAA, nissan gold service (free towing to dealer), insurance company tow coverage etc. Better ready than sorry, having alt fails 300 miles away from home.

Show ur service manager on NHTSA complain records.
Show him also this forum. Tell him it has almost 40% defect rate. That may not be the actual number, but it will motivate the dealership to have several alts in stock, unless he wants to provide rentals to angry mo owners whose alt go bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts