Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed XM in the Murano. Installed the antenna in the compartment at the top of the hatch. Took about an hour to route the cables, Dremel the plastic, and tidy everything up. Signal seems to be pretty good. I will pay attention and see how the performance is over the next couple of day. Gotta thank Jaak for the great website.

Also this installation did not use the Infiniti SAT cable, instead I used the USA SPEC cable for a Nissan CD changer. It is significantly cheaper than the one from Grubbs and works.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Please keep us advised about the antenna location... I would love to install XM and use that location. Any pictures of the antenna installation would be much appreciated too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try to take some picture over the weekend and put together a little installation instructional on what I did to put it there.

·
4,664 Posts
Excellent!!! Now there's two of us with that cable....

Maybe I missed it, but is there a source for it you can disclose?

Does yours look like mine? I'm just curious if they changed it at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the cable. Works perfectly. I bought the cable Bluz Broz. Entertainment at (954) 938-9889. You want the USA SPEC CDLNS cable for Nissan. If they ask, just tell them you sold a Nissan and kept the changer, but forgot to remove the cable. Cost is $27.99 plus shipping from Califorinia. Ended up costing me $40 to ship to Virginia. Still $40 cheaper than Grubbs G35 cable. I did buy the XM kit from Grubbs.

So far after one day of good usage I can say that I never lost the signal once over a two hour period, even when going under highway bridges. It seems to be better reception wise than the roof mounted, factory installed system in my wifes Trailblazer.

It is raining right now. May just pull the Murano into the garage a little later today to get the pictures taken. I will put together a web page that shows how I installed it.

·
4,664 Posts
That's a reasonable price for the cable. Mine's been working since last June, so no worries! You don't want to know what I paid for mine, but it would have been that dealer's cost....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts