Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here is the thing. When Mo is cold and I shift the gear from P-R-D or back I hear a strange noise coming from the bottom. It’s like a quick loud “clock”, something like tik-tik-tik-tik on the very high rate and it’s not longer than 1-1.5 seconds. After I drive and engine rich the working temperature it’s gone. I hope it’s clear; I was talking about instance when the car does not move. Here is what happened when I drive. Does not matter how fast I am going, but when I press or realize accelerator I hear exactly same noise. If I am not touching accelerator or pushing brakes or just going w/o touching any pedals there are no tik-tik-tik noise. I am personally thinking it is coming from CVT, but I am not sure. So, is the sigh that CVT is going to die or is it normal? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Check out TSB 03008

Make : NISSAN Model : MURANO Year : 2003
Manufacturer : NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Service Bulletin Num : 03008 Date of Bulletin: JAN 30, 2003
NHTSA Item Number: 10000973
Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Summary:
CLICKING NOISE FROM AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SHIFT CONTROL WHEN SHIFTING. *TT

Easy fix, under warranty if this is it.

Homer

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's not normal. I had the same "ticking", "clicking" that I too thought was coming from the CVT. The exact same symptoms as you are experiencing. It turned out to be the drivers side front axle that had a bad bearing.The same area where the CVT sits. I just got it back today and no more ticks or clicks. Still under warranty.
:claphead:

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not for me...

Thanks for the reply guy but I do not think either one apply to my MO. Homer, the noise coming from outside, not from the actual box w/ shifter. But I will keep the TSB when I go to the dealer. And Jonnee, I get the same noise when the car is not moving, so the bearings are not doing anything. So sad, for 1 minutes I though it might be an ez fix.:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts