Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have seen this asked before but no one answered. Can the Navigation system that Nissan offers be retrofited after the fact on non Nav Muranos? I got my MO without it but would like to get it in the future. I would rather the stock unit to keep the car stock like. Anyway, any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Someone else is trying this... look for "nav" in the search function

I think that person came up with a grand total of $7,000 for parts just to install the navigation system in a non-Nav equipped Murano. Doesn't seem worthwhile to me IMHO. I personally find that the navigation system is great and that's why I insisted on locating a vehicle with it. But I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't cough-up the $7K to put it in after the fact.

Instead, maybe look at the other options people have posted? Like GPS systems on PDAs, laptops and perhaps even the Garmin street pilot?

Bob K.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Someone else, I believe over at FA, found out their will be a NAV upgrade for the Nissan Quest that will cost from $3000 to $3500. Most of the parts should be interchangeable with the Murano. I love my Nav system and think it was definetly worth the $2000, but it would be hard to justify $3500, and IMO impossible to justify $7k (You could probably build one from scratch that would look close to stock for cheaper).

·
Registered
97 Posts
The other problem you might encounter is that the NAV screen is slightly bigger at 7" than the stock screen.

Not sure if it means a different dash as well to accommodate the bigger screen???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have the part numbers for the system? I have the service manual and it seems that there are 4 parts to it. The Screen, the display control unit, GPS Antenna and Navigation control unit.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
6 parts:

NAV Control Unit
CD-ROM
LCD Color NAV Display
NAV Display Control Unit
GPS Antenna
NAV Switch

Plus miscellaneous hardware and cables. I have heard anywhere from $5000 to $7000.

I like the stock look but I still think that the aftermarket units are better and cheaper (compared to $2000 option) and there is plenty of room in the MO to mount one.

As an option, you might find one on ebay or one from a wreck. There are several that would be "compatible" from Nissan and Infiniti. IE 350Z/G35/Quest etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts