Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to make a couple of 2 hour trips coming up and I’d sure like to take the Mo I’m supposed to be picking up tonight. I’ve read all the posts about varying the RPMs during the first 1500 miles. I was wondering if varying my speed from 60 to 80 and employing Ds on and off would vary my RPMs enough to allow me to take the Mo on the highway before the 1500 mile mark.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I think that would be fine. You can just try varying your speed, I doubt you even need to use the Ds approach. I believe the key is let the engine operate at a variety of speeds, but not at high rpms until breakin is complete.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't worry about it. We drove home the same night on a long trip. This breaking in the engine stuff isn't rocket science, nor set in stone.
Just vary your speed a little. Not like my wife drives though, or you will piss everyone off!!! Just a little, its not going to make a big difference in the long haul.
The main thing is not to bring the rpms up HIGH during the breakin period of any engine, be it cars, or R/C cars, high rpms when the rings aren't set is what really hurts them.
Just vary it a little and enjoy the MO.

Chez

1 - 4 of 4 Posts