Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
You're right. Something is definitely fishy with this deal.

A 2005 MO SL with only 2,500 miles for $12,000!!!! What's the catch??

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
njjoe said:
You're right. Something is definitely fishy with this deal.

A 2005 MO SL with only 2,500 miles for $12,000!!!! What's the catch??

-njjoe
It is simple, the catch is $12K....

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Interesting.

Carfax shows everything OK.

However, the seller claims 2500 miles while Carfax shows 3479 miles back in July.
Still not bad at all, but what would cause the discrepancy?

And some sort of BS about the Email.......

Could it be that somebody has "hijacked" a real Ebayer(with good ratings) and grabbed a Vin number from a parking lot and they really don't have a car to sell???

Don't know.
But I would definitely GO to the car and get the title before any money changed hands.

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Why would anyone in their right mind sell a relatively brand new $28,000 car for $12,000??

Unless of course it is a divorce, they are dividing assets, and the significant other is out to screw the MO lover.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The "ebay email over quota" is already a clue this is not legit. Yes ebay has an internal messaging system (like the PM's here), but if you ask the seller a question, it goes to their email address on file (whatever normal email account they use, which should not ever be full).

Also the VIN is listed in the auction text, but shows up as 11111111111 on the auction listing details, thats very fishy. I wouldn't even consider buying this car even at that price (even if I thought for a second it was legit).

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

If you look at this guys other recent items for sale. He has like 6 vehicles for sale for $10 to $14K, buy it now options.

All have the same "111111111" vin number. He even has a 2004 H2 for $14,000....COME ON.

These are the type of people I would like to ...........:yodaddy: or :twak: or even :9:

·
Registered
55 Posts
This sounds like an account hijack. If you read his/her mostly positive feedback, all previously sold items are small $$ value sports cards and memorabilia. Sounds like ebay needs to investigate these alleged fraudulent listings (runs off to tattle)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Maybe this is one of the underwater cars that were part of the Katrina nightmare? Who knows?

·
Registered
55 Posts
All (5 or 6?) vehicle listings from seller allpro-sports have been cancelled :7:

yup, sounds like that account got jacked

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Yesterday I sent an inquiry to the seller's eBay address indicating I was interested in buying the car and asked for particulars. Here is the response I received today:

Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in my Nissan Murano. I want you to know that I have closed my auction earlier because someone has offered me the buy it now price, but didn't have all the money available and I cannot accept financing as time is a real issue for me. The price I want to obtain for it is $12,000 US (this price includes shipment and insurance charges).

I have recently opened a small business with car parts in Athens, Greece. We brought the car with us, wanting to register it here, but I couldn't because it is an US vehicle (complies with the US emission standards: DOT and EPA) and to get it registered here it will need serious engine modifications in order to comply with the EU emission standards. Also, if I sell it quickly I won't have to pay the import charges for bringing the car in Europe.
The car is in perfect running condition, with no hidden damages or accidents, it has always been garage kept, low miles, 2005 model, with 3 years EXTENDED, INTERNATIONAL and TRANSFERABLE warranty, which will be honored at any dealer from your area. It is an US model with US specs and passed the US test emissions. It will be as if purchased locally. The car is insured in case of damage and you will receive it in 7-8 working days. It will be shipped via air freight to the nearest international airport from your area and from there with ground freight to your door. It will come with all the necessary papers (clear and clear title, bill of sale, warranty papers, user's manual, insurance documents etc). The title is clear and you will register it in your state without problems.
The shipping costs and the insurance taxes of the package will be down to me and you only pay for the money transfer commission when you wire the funds, which is about 4% from the total amount sent. My wife works for the carrier and she will help me out with this shipment (as part of her job benefits). The car is being shipped from Greece and you won't have to pay for customs charges or any additional taxes.

I am requesting $6,000 US refundable deposit prior shipping and the balance upon delivery and inspection. If you are not 100% satisfied with the car, you can ship it back on my expense and you'll get your deposit back. I am sure this will not happen, because it is a state of the art vehicle. This is a large purchase and I would like to use a third party for this
transaction as I want a smooth and safe transaction. We will use SafeBuy, I have completed a lot of successful deals using them. I have a purchase protection account of $20,000 with them. If this is your first time using SafeBuy, here are their terms: if you will not receive the car exactly as advertised or you won't receive it in 10 days since you made the deposit, SafeBuy will refund your deposit from my SafeBuy purchase protection account.

If you wish to make this purchase, please send me your full name and your shipping address so I can register this transaction with SafeBuy ASAP. Then, they will contact you with more details.

Please advise,
Martin

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wish he had advertized a couple of weeks ago. I would have asked my brother in law who was in Athens at the time go call his bluff!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
"EU Emissions Standards"???????

Sorry but I always thought the US had the most strict emissions standards. Why do you think everyone in Europe drives a diesel. Emissions standards my a$$ (ok thats a different kind of "emissions standard" all together! :2: )

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Also, did you notice he was planning on shipping the MO via air?

"It will be shipped via air freight to the nearest international airport from your area and from there with ground freight to your door."

That, in itself, would probably cost $10K!!

-njjoe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts