Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if you guys notice this or not, but there is also another way to prevent automatic lock other than going through all the mechanical problem. You can actually set the Murano to automatically lock the door for you or not. I just got my car a week ago and still havent been through much with it as you guys, but just in case if no one notice this, you can actually set the time interval of the automatic lock of the Murano using the main screen of the Murano. By going to personal setting, using the joystick and tap down, keep tapping down till you get to a screen where it said something about the door lock. From there you can set the time interval or turn off the door lock. I was messing around with my Murano, that's how i notice it. Since i just got my Murano, i dont know if the automatic lock thing still happen even though if i turn it off. If anyone had experienced that, please let me know. Thank You!

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The auto re-lock setting is designed to lock the doors after they have been unlocked by the remote. Say you are messing with the remote in the house and the doors unlock. This setting will re-lock them after a period of time as a security feature.

Although the door looking problem may be a software glitch related to this feature, it IS a problem that Nissan must address.

As many of us are realizing, the only non-mechanical solution is to leave the window open enough to get your arm through, or never leave your keys inside. Believe me, this is not hard to remember after it's happened to to you once!

Some people report all the doors locking, others, like me, only had the drivers door lock....do yourself a favor adopt one of the above habits!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Changing the door lock interval through the Personal Settings option became available on the '04 Muranos. Those of us with '03s don't have that option and, instead, have to take the car to the dealer to have the interval changed or disabled.

Jeff

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Furthermore, I wanted to point out that after I had my auto-relock feature disabled by the dealer (also no cost), the unlock from the remote now unlocks ALL the doors on the first click. Some people may like that, but I don't. If I park in places that are even a little bit suspect, I don't like having all of my doors unlock just to let me get in the driver's side. Makes me uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow...interesting...the 04 must have gotten a lot better than the 03 version, thanks to it's new system. In the 04 you can actually set all kind of lock feature including the alarm such as pressing once for all door or twice for all door. Isnt there's anyway that nissan can upgrade the system for the 03?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts