Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one regarding the sensors.....

Does it matter how the sensor is installed in the wheel? Does it have to be lying flat against the rim for it to work, or can it be standing straight up and down and still work correctly?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
It seems that if it is not lying flat, you may damage it when mounting the tire.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll talk to my tire guy tomorrow. I just wanted to know if it would still work or not if it's vertical v. horizontal.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the TPMS Sensors will not work wth my wheels. :cry: He was afraid that if a flat tire would occur, the sensor standing straight up and down would damage the wheel if it broke. Then you're out a sensor and a wheel. So, I opted not to use them.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Ski Zero said:
I'll talk to my tire guy tomorrow. I just wanted to know if it would still work or not if it's vertical v. horizontal.
I have a TPMS that includes the spare in my Phaeton and it lays horiziontal, in the trunk. But I think you need to try it, Words are opinions, The antenna to antenna orientation etc. Who know unless it's been tried. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
"I have a TPMS that includes the spare in my Phaeton and it lays horizontal, in the trunk. But I think you need to try it, Words are opinions, The antenna to antenna orientation etc. Who know unless it's been tried. Good Luck."

I believe we are talking about the orientation of the sensor inside the wheel, not how the tire is sitting in/on the car.

Eddy' wheel probably did not have a well wide enough for the sensor to lay flat. If it has to stick up, it can interfere with the tire as it is being mounted, or as Eddy's tire guy said, get damaged by a flat.

·
4,994 Posts
ekaxel said:
"I have a TPMS that includes the spare in my Phaeton and it lays horizontal, in the trunk. But I think you need to try it, Words are opinions, The antenna to antenna orientation etc. Who know unless it's been tried. Good Luck."

I believe we are talking about the orientation of the sensor inside the wheel, not how the tire is sitting in/on the car.

Eddy' wheel probably did not have a well wide enough for the sensor to lay flat. If it has to stick up, it can interfere with the tire as it is being mounted, or as Eddy's tire guy said, get damaged by a flat.
I AM talking about either or both!

·
4,994 Posts
Thanks Dennis

Great info on the activation sequence, Probably eliminates my more time consuming method of rotating tires not Wheels in order to know which is which on the NAV display.

G

Dennis Fink said:
Here are some TSB's that describe the system and show the monitor placement in the wheel.

NTB02-070

NTB02-100

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Grip

Good luck your sale and hope the Mo finds a lovin' owner soon and thanks for the your response on the Xbox power supply post previosly.

Very interested in your efforts to reduce road nose, how did you go about that ?

Saw these in your list of mods

B-Quite Supreme, sound damper matting
External Sound triple Undercoated (personally coated NO over lap me

·
4,994 Posts
ekka said:
Hi Grip

Good luck your sale and hope the Mo finds a lovin' owner soon and thanks for the your response on the Xbox power supply post previosly.

Very interested in your efforts to reduce road nose, how did you go about that ?

Saw these in your list of mods

B-Quite Supreme, sound damper matting
External Sound triple Undercoated (personally coated NO over lap me
I guess I need to add more photos to my gallery. Basically the B-Quite stuff (internet bought) is a low cost version of the Expensive well know stuff (forgot name :D )

It consists of a heavy gage flexible aluminum foil layered onto a thicker gooy viscoelastic backing and a pull or release protector. You pull up carpeting, etc and cut to fit and pull the paper and stick it down. I Put the damm stiff most everywhere, Start with the rear storage area, spare tire well etc. ( except Where I now want it most under the roof ) I ran out of time and energy to remove the head liner and nobody offered to do it for me, (Gee why would anybody make that offer anyway, Oh well on with the answer)

If I had time I would put it everywhere it could be put, I love the stuff.

The undercoating is a standard stuff and applied mainly up in the center drive shaft area, (unused on my MO) Plus places directly able to transmit sound to the interior, ( Again with more time I would add it everywhere I could, Take off more wheel well liners and coat and replace. I would love the car to be as quite as possible. If I want to hear the outside I'll open a window.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts