Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. What is the antenna (front of the roof) actualy for? Radio? XM? Home link?

2. What is the "supposed to" position be? When I tok delivery on Sunday the antenna was pointed towards the hood. Most of all the Mo's I see are in the up "fin-like" position. I also saw one this morning that looked like they just unscrewed the antenna all together.

3. Anyone try to get a car wash with the antenna mounted? (not that I will be bringing a new MO to the washer any time soon...

Thanks...

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
It's for your radio

The roof of the car acts as a ground plane for the antenna. You will not the spiral wire wrapped around the enter rod. This allows the electrical length of the antenna to be longer than the physical length.

Pointing th antenna at right Angles (straight up) would be the optimum position, Many folks like the antenna slightly pointing to the rear for looks and if not too far back will produce minor reduction in sensitivity.

·
Registered
842 Posts
raycie said:
1. What is the antenna (front of the roof) actualy for? Radio? XM? Home link?

2. What is the "supposed to" position be? When I tok delivery on Sunday the antenna was pointed towards the hood. Most of all the Mo's I see are in the up "fin-like" position. I also saw one this morning that looked like they just unscrewed the antenna all together.

3. Anyone try to get a car wash with the antenna mounted? (not that I will be bringing a new MO to the washer any time soon...

Thanks...
The antenna should be facing the back of the car at what every angle you prefer. I know from some of the people on this site that radio reception some time depends on the angle you have it at. Mine is at a 45 degree angle.

I have wash my Mo in a car wash with it on with no problem, I know the owners manual recommends that it be unscrewed, but I have never had any problem with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts