Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl cracked up her front bumper after having an accident being unmindful in the snow. Is there one on here will post pics in a few

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
damn

My girls Murano after I told her to go easy in the snow she decided to do 45 I did 25 here's her end result.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,784 Posts
You need a lot more than a front bumper.

You need at least a fascia, bumper, most likely some underlying support materials, possibly an AC heat exchanger, and a visit to a body shop.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked into the back of it there's no damage behind the bumper the snow managed to create a buffer to absorb some of the impact. Everything else is okay except the crash beam,bumper cover and under shield.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Should buff right out...

Kidding, you will not only need a new bumper cover but also have the actually bumper checked and the area behind it...by a professional for any hidden damages.

·
Registered
195 Posts
+1 - Ouch! Good that your MO runs but I also doubt it's just the bumper cover. Probably won't know for sure until you raise it and do a close up inspection.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A deer ran out infront of me last July. It did £3500 approx $5000 of damage. When I initially look at it I thought lucky one there it only needs a bumper. How wrong was I.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A deer ran out infront of me last July. It did £3500 approx $5000 of damage. When I initially look at it I thought lucky one there it only needs a bumper. How wrong was I.
You only need a front bumper cover and paint.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These cars are strong with the hit so far only need bumper cover,crashbar and paint that's it. Here's what boggles me though when she hit the divider she sprang two codes a p0507 and a p0158 code.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Front bumper cover is here just waiting on the crashbad and foam and one louver piece for the drivers side. That is all as far as the update car will not be painted she says she likes the primered look.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did all the work myself. I took all the pics too. I tried to salvage as much as I could I got some of the cars parts at the top held with zip ties which don't seem to be that bad but it working thus far with no issues for now so.

But I wonder what's going on with the power steering. It feels a little stiff compared to my civic. Is there something wrong with it. The fluid is at level I never driven a car like this as far as the Murano.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts