Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm considering on the new murano, but not sure how good or bad it is...... any owner here care to share about it?? Thank!

:confused:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
'06 MO - 80 Miles

Folks,

Here's my feedback:

From the '05 (my "dead" MO...totalled due to a T-Bone crash with a moron that ran a red light), to '06, here's what I notice:

1) The entire vehicle just "feels" tighter...perhaps an "illusion" from the fact that its quieter.
2) The pops, clicks, squeeks, rattles, and sways...just seem to be gone.
3) Automatic passenger airbag "off" switch...good stuff...saves money in a "minor" front end crash...if there's no passenger.
4) Rear camera...cool for not running over little kids on tricycles.
5) "Dark" chrome front-end grill...looks especially "rich".
6) Comments about my "Lexus"...one teen asked me how I liked my Lexus. I told her...my Nissan was about 20k less, and I thought it was a nicer car...she agreed that my car was really cool.
7) Sunset Red vs. Sunlit Copper...well, Sunlit Red is more subtle, but, the sun-shifting that happens from Red to Orange, is more interesting...I wonder how many "double-takes" it's causing out there...as folks try to describe the color. I've heard red, rust, red-orange so far.
8) Color console screen...So I can "browse" an MP3 CD-W...but can't play/display my ipod on this screen? What a waste of a display. I've got a high-tech tranny, rear camera, every other exotic feature...but no bluetooth or ipod interface. How hard would it be to get that? Aux plug on the front, bluetooth in the stereo. What would it increase the cost of the stereo by $100? Ok...I'll pay it.

Summary:

The '06 is the Murano, perfected to the level of luxury vehicle...at about $10 less than the entry level of "luxury SUV"...even with the Murano LOADED. If they had bluetooth and ipod...this thing would be the most awesome total package ever.

Regards,

Big

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
BDM-

You hope some Nissan engineer is thinking like you do. "Why not add Bluetooth and ipod capability. What can it cost?"

Both those features would "modernize" the Murano.

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
BDM,

Have you heard about “development road map”? That is what Nissan is doing now – following Murano development road map. They just keep adding one more feature every year so they stay busy and marketing people can have something to rave about…..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can echo what big_daddy_mpd wrote. I picked up my 06 Murano SL Saturday before last and have fallen in love with my car all over again. The more solid feel of the car was immediately noticeable. It is indeed much quieter inside, and there's an overall feel of greater "luxury" than I found in my 03 MO.

I like the improved graphics on the display screen. The NAV system is also significantly more responsive and detailed. What used to take 15-20 seconds or more, the boot-up time for the NAV system is almost instantaneous. An odd feature of the NAV system....you can assign sounds to particular addresses in your address book, and the sound will play when you're within X feet (user variable) of the location, regardless of whether or not you set the location as a destination point. As I was playing with this feature, I assigned the sound of a dog barking to my home. Hearing a dog bark when I started to pull into my driveway freaked me out the first time it happened! I'm not sure what utility this feature has, but it's fun anyway. The XM tuner is also much more responsive. Changing channels on XM on my old tuner had a several second latency before the sound would appear. Now, it's almost as quick as tuning to an AM or FM station.

I got the Merlot with Cafe Latte Leather interior and the wood trim. What a beautiful combination! Like I said, I'm in love all over again!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree about the sound selection on the Nav and not really knowing what it is for, but just liking the fun factor of it. I have the dog, the cat and some sort of horn set for a few places. However, it's getting old a bit because I still almost jump out of my seat when I am not thinking about it and whatever sound suddenly plays.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: '06 MO - 80 Miles

big_daddy_mpd said:
8) Color console screen...So I can "browse" an MP3 CD-W...but can't play/display my ipod on this screen? What a waste of a display. I've got a high-tech tranny, rear camera, every other exotic feature...but no bluetooth or ipod interface. How hard would it be to get that? Aux plug on the front, bluetooth in the stereo. What would it increase the cost of the stereo by $100? Ok...I'll pay it.

The iPod interface is available for the 06. It's about $200 and can be installed easily by anyone.

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=164397

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Joey and welcome to the forums.

Its important to know that the USA and Singapore MOs have different specification levels. The SG MOs are more like the Aussie MOs. Ours are more like the 05 USA models so we dont get colour screen, LED tailights etc like the new USA model.

Anyway, the Singapore thread is the way to go :) Lots of happy owners there.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nfilippelli said:
I wonder if this will override the Sat radio..
or if you can have sat radio and ipod both hooked up...
The iPod adapter box allows both. You just need an additional cable for the sat box.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts