Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Chris03HD said:
Looking to replace my HID's, and was hoping to get some tips for headlight removal. :)

TIA!
Do a search in this forum on : HID replacement. A lot of forum members have done this and there s even an entire topic and write ups for the process. Good luck!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Any "How-To's" For Removing Headlights?

SugarRushMurano said:

Do a search in this forum on : HID replacement. A lot of forum members have done this and there s even an entire topic and write ups for the process. Good luck!
Rush, all i can find is posts on, "Upgrading non-HID MO's to factory HID's"..

Maybe im missing it in the search, do you have a direct link? :(

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I wish I could help but I have never done anything like what you are trying to do..............what ARE you trying to do?

Homer

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hfelknor said:
I wish I could help but I have never done anything like what you are trying to do..............what ARE you trying to do?

Homer
Like the post says.. looking to replace my HID bulbs.. 4300k to 6000k.

Guess ill start with removing the inner wheel well plastic, see if i can get access to it from there first.. :1:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Its probably worth it to download the FSM from Nissantechinfo.com. $20 for a one day subscription, download all you want.

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
I just replaced mine to 6000 a week ago. I was about to take the whole headlight off...till i found out you would need to remove the front bumper inorder to get to the last bolt for the removal of the headlight.

You were on the right track taking off the wheelwel covers. You can access the hid unit through there. it took me about 30 min. for both. good luck!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
b0xdesigns said:
I just replaced mine to 6000 a week ago. I was about to take the whole headlight off...till i found out you would need to remove the front bumper inorder to get to the last bolt for the removal of the headlight.

You were on the right track taking off the wheelwel covers. You can access the hid unit through there. it took me about 30 min. for both. good luck!
You the man BOX!! Cant decide between 6000k or 8000k.. Im just going to use what i have now (6k) and do a matching 6k kit for fogs.. (the 12,000k was a bit too much, lol).

Eric L. - thanks for the info, that seems like a cheap way to get all the info on my MO, thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Keep in mind that the higher color temp you go, the lower the light output will be for HIDs. This is why the stock ones are 4300K - its the color temp with the highest light output (in lumens). I had 6000K on my Maxima and wouldn't go any higher than that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts