Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, there is a M&M rolling under the carpet of the vehicle. It fell through the wiring under the passenger seat and has been rattling around like a pinball machine when we drive. It happened almost two years ago and while it rolled for a bit, it finally got stuck somewhere and I thought that was the end of it. Come early winter it dislodged itself and I can hear it all the time. Any suggestions? Is the carpet easy to remove? Would I have to remove the passenger seat?

I'll also have to wait till the spring because it's too cold outside to work on the car. I tried long time ago to try and take a vacuum but there is not much space between the carpet, wiring, stuff for the cooling seat, and floor panel. It's also a very awkward angle. I also thought about flipping the car over and shaking it out but it might impact my insurance.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Maybe borrow a pet mouse for a day or two to consume it... :unsure:

Reactions: ZeroChalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
Look for a competent car detailer who typically has a vacuum with strong suction and special detailing attachments. They may be able to solve your problem. The other option is to melt it below the carpet using a hair dryer.

Best of luck.

·
Super Moderator
8,648 Posts
If you can figure out which cavity it's rolling around in, you might try shooting some 3M adhesive spray in there. It will collect other junk as well...

Reactions: ZeroChalk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts