Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, there is a M&M rolling under the carpet of the vehicle. It fell through the wiring under the passenger seat and has been rattling around like a pinball machine when we drive. It happened almost two years ago and while it rolled for a bit, it finally got stuck somewhere and I thought that was the end of it. Come early winter it dislodged itself and I can hear it all the time. Any suggestions? Is the carpet easy to remove? Would I have to remove the passenger seat?

I'll also have to wait till the spring because it's too cold outside to work on the car. I tried long time ago to try and take a vacuum but there is not much space between the carpet, wiring, stuff for the cooling seat, and floor panel. It's also a very awkward angle. I also thought about flipping the car over and shaking it out but it might impact my insurance.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Maybe borrow a pet mouse for a day or two to consume it... :unsure:

Reactions: ZeroChalk

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts
If you can figure out which cavity it's rolling around in, you might try shooting some 3M adhesive spray in there. It will collect other junk as well...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm I think it was a yellow almond M&M. I'm going to take those insect sticky traps and lay it flat underneath carpet. Hopefully it will get stuck! It's annoying as heck because every turn, brake, acceleration you hear it rolling around like plunko.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was wondering when I was going to meet someone on here with some sense. Nissan(n)(n)junk. Although, I loved my Skyline and they have made a few good engines over the years. Give credit where its due.
Not too long ago, a member was asking if he should purchase a specific year used 3rd generation Mo and if there are 'dealbreaker" issues that he should be concerned about. My response to him was to do your research and read up on the reliability stats from Consumer Reports, etc., and then decide. All other responses were "Yeah, go for it". The guy apparently needed a nudge from this forum and pulled the trigger.

Now, a member is asking about a trapped M&M under the carpet and how to remedy it and I see responses: "just sell it".....!

I don't see how this response is even relevant in this specific case since the OP never referenced any mechanical, electrical, and other vehicle-related issues.

If someone is unhappy with the vehicle choice they made, this particular thread may not be a place to vent out about it since it has nothing to do with what the OP was asking about......!

Maybe I missing the point here so someone please enlighten me. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,281 Posts
Not too long ago, a member was asking if he should purchase a specific year used 3rd generation Mo and if there are 'dealbreaker" issues that he should be concerned about. My response to him was to do your research and read up on the reliability stats from Consumer Reports, etc., and then decide. All other responses were "Yeah, go for it". The guy apparently needed a nudge from this forum and pulled the trigger.

Now, a member is asking about a trapped M&M under the carpet and how to remedy it and I see responses: "just sell it".....!

I don't see how this response is even relevant in this specific case since the OP never referenced any mechanical, electrical, and other vehicle-related issues.

If someone is unhappy with the vehicle choice they made, this particular thread may not be a place to vent out about it since it has nothing to do with what the OP was asking about......!

Maybe I missing the point here so someone please enlighten me. Thank you!
I've been noticing the same thing on other threads. It really helps to just stick to the issue at hand.

Have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts

A certain amount of irrelevancy and irreverence adds character to a forum. I approve.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I like the idea of finding it and just smashing it with a hammer or have enough leverage space without removing the seat. Im sure its probably that you cant necessarily pinpoint its exact location enough to do this. At the risk of all else fails, im sure you have already thought about the potential of taking a razor knife to the carpet under the seat worst case. If you had to, would you really notice? Its under the seat! Idk.

·
Registered
297 Posts
A certain amount of irrelevancy and irreverence adds character to a forum. I approve.

View attachment 52927
Thank you for the Permission. Going forward, my sole purpose of posting in this forum is to add as much irrelevancy and irreverence as I can mustard.......Yeah, it is all about Character and not substance.........LMAO

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts
Frank Lloyd Wright: "There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."

And I must say, quoting Curly of the Stooges, "I resemble that remark."

Have a wonderful week! :cool:(y)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts