Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i am wondering if anyone on this forum is from Montreal/Ottawa Canada, and want to know your personal opinion of the car in our winters. Does it handle well in the snow/ice? do you need winter tires or keep them stocked, etc.?

As well, do you know of any gr8 dealers that i can get the best price, or a second hand 2005 with very low clicks,

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've had this Mo since last November. It's the best vehicle I've had in the winter. I've had 3 Pathfinders - this is better. I and all my family members allways use snow tires on our vehicles in the winter.

Get one you won't regret it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I am from Montreal, I got the car in May so I can't tell you how the winters will be with it, but from the satisfaction I am getting out of it this summer Iam sure she won't dissapoint me when the rough stuff comes around.

as to where to get it, keep your eyes open in Hebdonet, on Encan H gregoire, and local used car places that you trust.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I'm in that area. I've had mine for 1.5 winters now. It's great. I highly recommend the TCS/VDC package though, just in case (I wrote off my previous vehicle due to someone elses bad driving, and feel I could have gotten out of the situation had I had VDC).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!
i was surprised when i went to the dealer and asked for a price quote on a 2005 SE, he told me 50k, which is like 3-4k over price!!
i really like this car, but its starting to get slightly over the budget!
looking hard for a demo version!

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Can you canadian guys and gals buy your MO in the US and take it back to Canada? Would that be any less expensive?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know we can do that, but i really doubt it will be less expensive, because we are still going to have to pay the tax + shipping, + insurance fees + getting it inspected

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
True, but from what I understand choice of options are quite limited on Canadian models, it is like all or nothing from what I hear. Of course you get the DTRL and full size spare though...:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that is true!
we get two options, SL and SE (both AWD)
the only option you can get with SL is sunroof for $1000/cad and the only option we get with the SE is the technology package which is navi + camera

SL has no leather, no xenon lights, no tire pressure control, and i think memory seats
as well as other minor details.
SE is simply loaded!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts