Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan dealer is offering me a 03 FWD SL midnight blue w/ cafe latte leather package for $29200k. Anyone here with pics of a Blue Mo? Are you having a tough time keeping it looking clean with such a dark color?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just got a Blue MO yesterday...Color is awesome, but it will be very very difficult to keep clean. Mine had some damage to it when I picked it up so it is going back to the dealer (body shop) next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Interior with latte leather

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Here is my midnight blue Murano.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
IF I had a real dark color (And the reason I don't is two fold, heat and dirt) then I would do "some" things differently than I do now.

First of all, I would lay on about 5 coats of Zaino and just amaze people with the clarity and reflectivity. In this case I would NOT finish it off with a coat of wax.

Then I would "cheat".
I would buy me a California Duster and go over the car every single day. You can do this in about 2 minutes.
I would use a touchless car wash and I would run it through there every week.

If I had done these things I might well have kept my black 95 supercharged T-bird. It was a beaut, all lowered and debadged and dechromed. But I wasn't smart enough to cheat and I got so tired of hand washing that thing two or three times a week, or driving it dirty, that I practically gave it away in less than a year.

The Latte interior will be just fine.
Get a leather cleaner and do the steering wheel when it needs it or once a month, which ever comes first, a general cleaning every now and then at the very least and all will be well. I had this same color in my Chrysler and after 7 years the interior looked brand new except for the steering wheel. Of course the Chrysler leather quality was better than the Mo, but still I think with a good general cleaning and conditioning every 3 or 4 months it will be OK.

There is nothing that looks better than these black or dark blue cars when they are "fresh".

Homer

·
Registered
31 Posts
Color

If I may, I would like to add one more consideration about the color. I test drove several demos that had between 1500 - 5k on them. The silver had 5k and you could really see where every little pebble had hit the front of that vehicle. This is my third Nissan and I cannot believe how thin the clear coat seems to be on these vehicles compared to my others.

Anyway, that convinced me to get the Midnight Blue. The demo (blue) that I drove still looked great. That said, one of my first investments will probably be to get that Xpel stuff put on the front. It's kinda sad that I even feel like I have to put that stuff on. My 94 Pathfinder's paint really held up well. I was able to carefully buff out lots of little things because the clearcoat seemed to be much thicker.

So, I think the Midnight Blue is a great choice and it is what I ended up ordering (my baby MO arrives Thurs or Friday).

Good luck...just my .02

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
milgrad said:
Interior with latte leather

i think i am actually beginning to like the latte interior (even moreso than mine???)

VERY nice look, and yes, its not too hard to keep clean..... the rule is to maintain it, so it doesnt get stained/scarred beyond typical clean-ups......

keep that leather cleaned (lexol leather cleaner) and then once every other month conditioned (lexol leather conditioner)... but dont overdo the conditioner; it'll clog/form build-up if you put down too many apps' without stripping it with the cleaner.........

·
Registered
34 Posts
here is mine and i have a comment on the pricing.

the deal you are getting does not sound like a super deal to me.
you shoud be able to do 1K below invoice.
I picked up mine (SE AWD, Pop Pack,Heated Seats) for 30500. The sticker was around 35K and the invoice was 32xxx.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I love the blue. That was my next choice after black.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Familyman,

Out of curiosity, how did you get it less than invoice. INVOICE is what the dealer paid to the manufacturer. So they actually LOST MONEY by selling it to you?

I assume it was a demo. How many miles did it have on it?

OR they really must have a lot and must get rid of them. That is surprising though.
Especially being in sales myself. For a dealer to LOOSE money on a vehicle doesn't happen very often...

Chez

·
Registered
43 Posts
Strange? I was under the impression that there are about $1,000-$2,000 under invoice in "breathing room" for the dealers to negotiate since invoice is all the rave these days. My uncle that works at a Nissan dealership said that you could probably even get one at cost which I believe is invoice -$2,000. That is of course, if you're willing to take whatever they are willing to give.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Maybe I am wrong and the sales training I was given was wrong, or at least in the Corp. sales division I deal with.
No biggie.
The more I have read here, it looks like a lot more people have gotten under invoice deals.
So I gave them a couple more bucks. I am still stoked on $3k under MSRP and $400 over invoice, thats all that really matters.
And I got Chrome wheels. :p

Chez

1 - 15 of 15 Posts