Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the local Nissan dealers have their new vehicle inventory listed on their web sites. Some do OK with telling you interior / exterior color and the style (S, SE, SL, FWD, AWD) but they ALL just list standard equipment and not the options. I can make some guesses based on MSRP but I would really like the full list of options i.e. the window sticker.

Is there a site that can map the VIN to the options list? I have not had the same issue on other mfg. web sites. Maybe it is the way Nissan likes to do thing.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The Nissanusa.com website has all the dealer inventory info.
Go to www.nissanusa.com, select "Buying", then "Build and Search".

You can input any zipcode and see all the dealers inventory within that area. The inventory shows the color, model, options and the MSRP prices.

·
Registered
719 Posts
HuskyFan said:
The Nissanusa.com website has all the dealer inventory info.
Go to www.nissanusa.com, select "Buying", then "Build and Search".

You can input any zipcode and see all the dealers inventory within that area. The inventory shows the color, model, options and the MSRP prices.
That's how I looked for mine, by determining the way Nissan typically configures the options packages with each other, and figuring out the MSRP of said configuration.

Then I just shopped all the dealers web sites looking for my MSRP.

99% of the time it works.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Here's something I found years ago about decoding a VIN#. I'm guessing it's still useable.

VIN #, How to Read it.

1st digit is where vehicle is built, 1,4,5=USA, 2=Canada, 3=Mexico, Puerto Rico or Costa Rico, 6=Australia, 9=Brazil, J=Japan, K=South Korea, L=Tawain, S=United Kingdom, V=France or Yugoslavia, W=Germany, Y=Sweeden, Z=Italy.

2nd and 3rd characters indicate specific manufacturer.

4th through 8th characters are a portrait of the specific vehicle, Brand, Body Style, Engine Size & Type, etc.

9th character is a security code that identifies the VIN as being authorized by the manufacturer. Law enforcement can determine if a VIN is authentic or not from this character on a specific vehicle.

10th character is the model year of the car. 1980=A, H=1987, J=1988, N=1992, P=1993, T=1996, V=1997, through Y=2000. Then 1 = 2001 and so on. There are no I, O, U, or Z years.

11th character is the specific plant which assembled the vehicle. Each manufacturer uses different codes to identify their plants.

12th-17th characters are the serial number of the specific vehicle. Not all companies start at #000001, practices vary among manufacturers.

The VIN gives a detailed breakdown of your vehicle so any guesswork on the application of the vehicle to find the correct parts, repair information, service procedures, etc.

Y 4 Wheel Drive

Model Year

L 1990 M 1991 N 1992
P 1993 R 1994 S 1995
T 1996 V 1997 W 1998
X 1999 Y 2000 1 2001
2 2002 3 2003 4 2004
5 2005

Plant Code
T Tochigi (J30, 1990-1993 Q45)
T Oppama (M30, G20)
M Tochigi (1994-1996 Q45)
M Tochigi (G35, J30, M45)
W Kyushyu

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Looks like the best way is to use main Nissan website to search for the vehicle and get info there.

They should allow the obviously generic dealer websites to tie back into this data to help me avoid the minor hassle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts