Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see if any of the print/tv/internet ads bring out the pretentious buyers they are seeking. :lol:

I, for one, do enjoy wine (and know what temperature to serve it). My favorites include California Meritage's, Italian Amarone's and hidden red bargains from South America and Australia. Anyone else?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I still have not seen the Murano wine ad. The only ad I've caught is the one where the guy and girl are shopping for antiques. And I don't quite get what they are trying to say with that one - the Murano is more about classiness???

I used to be really into the American reds but I think they've really gotten overpriced in the last few years. Now I mostly opt for stuff from Australia, Italy, Spain, and South Africa. It's amazing some of the great wine you can get from these areas for under $12.

·
4,664 Posts
My take on the antique ad, was that it was a vehicle she liked, because she could buy all the crap she wanted, and he wouldn't complain about having to drag his sorry ass all over the place with her, because he got to drive a cool set of wheels.

What they don't show, is that while she was on the phone telling her friends all about the antique they bought, he went back and bought the jukebox for the basement, to go next to the bar he's planning to put in, now that he can go to the Home Depot and load up on lumber. :lol:

Oh, and if she keeps buying that stuff, he's going to get more and more into wine....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Red Zins (real friends never let friends drink White Zins)

This is my red wine of choice. Ravenswood, Rosenblum, Renwood, Rafanell, Ridge...you get the idea.

Also, I enjoy great California Cabs: Caymus, Spottswoode, and Silver Oak make my mouth drool.

As for whites, Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand; St. Supery from California, and Glen Carlou Chardonnay from South Africa!

I could go on and on...have a nice wine cellar that is usually stocked to about 300 choice wines.

Favorite reading: WSJ wine column on Friday, Wine Spectator, and the wine bible (Parker).

Favorite home state wine (New Mexico): Gruet, Blanc du Noirs sparkling wine...better than most French at 1/8 of the price.

IMAZINNER ZINZEALOT
Steve

·
Registered
19 Posts
ownersite said:
Let's see if any of the print/tv/internet ads bring out the pretentious buyers they are seeking. :lol:

Anyone else?
Living in the Washington, DC area, we've grown to love the VA wine country. The tours to the vinyards is always enjoyable, especially on motorcycles! The Murano might not make for a bad trip either.... WE'll see.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any suggestions????

So does anyone have any suggestions for a good bottle of red for under $15?

I've recently tried Borsao Tres Picos 2001 - Grenache from Spain ($11) and really enjoyed it. It has a strong raspberry/cherry flavor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts