Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're fairly close to making our decision on buying a new vehicle, and the Murano is presently at the top of the list. We'd be getting an '05, but I would imagine that the '06s will be available shortly. Has anyone heard of any significant changes that are going to be made?

I tried searching, and found one thread on the topic of interior changes, but it was from back in February, so I would think there might be more info now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you are! I have heard that the changes will be fairly minor, interior updates.

I talked to someone at Nissanusa yesterday who told me the new specs/pricing should be released in late Aug. The factory will be ending production of 2005s very soon if they haven't already done so--she wasn't sure if production had stopped already.

Some posts I have read on the subject have pointed to the UK model which was release later in 2005 and might have some of the updates included.

I wonder if it will have bluetooth like the 2006 infinitis that were recently announced.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We'd be getting an '05, but I would imagine that the '06s will be available shortly.
Just FYI - the 2005 MO wasn't available in the USA until late November/early December 2004. I know...I decided to wait for the 2005 model instead of buying the 2004 model.

·
4,601 Posts
And the 2003 arrived in Canada and Hawaii in November 2002 and in the lower 48 in December 2002...

So that seems to be the cycle, so far...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks. It looks like it would be an '05 then. We're not interested in waiting through the summer to get our next vehicle.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Couldn't find one in a dealership here in the northeast until the very end of December 2002. Made for a long wait.

Have fun with your new Murano, Alex!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check uk

If you go to the british site: http://www.nissan-murano.co.uk and click on the little murano flash link on the bottom right theres pictures of the upgraded murano for 06, the center console is the only viewable part but im not sure if they changed the speedometer etc there might be that whole iPod integration thing too, as well as random engine fixes

·
Registered
545 Posts
One of the illustrious salesman at the dealership that I go to informed me that the next dramatic changes will come in the 2008 model. Up til then it will be minor cosmetic interior changes and maybe a minor tweak here and there. I think he was saying that due to the popularity of this particluar body style, drastic changes will be limited and you won't see a product overhaul for several years.

I'll take those comments with a grain of salt as usual.

·
Registered
629 Posts
elliotgb said:
One of the illustrious salesman at the dealership that I go to informed me that the next dramatic changes will come in the 2008 model. Up til then it will be minor cosmetic interior changes and maybe a minor tweak here and there. I think he was saying that due to the popularity of this particluar body style, drastic changes will be limited and you won't see a product overhaul for several years.

I'll take those comments with a grain of salt as usual.
Yeah..... I was told pretty much the same thing by the "informed" folks at the dealership when I asked about the 05s. They said there would be essentially 0 differences between the 04 and 05 models... and because of that I missed out on some things like backup cameras, intelligent key, a new power steering pump, new alternator?, etc.

Gone are the days when the salespeople had to attend actual training and become certified to sell the vehicles. Any Shmo can get a job selling cars and become an instant "authority" on them. I was very refreshed when I was at the Audi dealership a few weeks ago, asked the lady a question and she very honestly said "I don't know the answer to that and I wouldn't want to give you the wrong information. I'm only certified as a junior expert (or whatever the term was) for these vehicles and I'm still going through training, let me get an expert for you."

That was nice. For once. :)

·
4,601 Posts
And then the "expert" BS'd his way through it?

·
Read Only
554 Posts
My understanding is that you will seek minor tweaks and upgrades, but the overall styling and body design will remain the same until MY 2008. That makes sense as Nissan's product cycle is typically five years before major redesign. The changes from 04 to 05 fit in this category. Although it would have been nice to have the keyless go, rear view camera, etc., the Murano still looks like the same vehicle - again, it was the little doo-dads that changed, not the overall vehicle.

·
4,601 Posts
'08 makes sense considering the European and Japanese introductions. If that didn't happen, I would have expected '07 based on past model rolls in North America.

·
4,601 Posts
That's excellent. It's a delight when they actually do what you would expect them to do.

Not all sales people are bad. But the bad ones make the good ones look that much better!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I should be well primed for a change when the lease runs out on my '04. By then, the 08 models will be available.

I'll also be tracking the Subaru B9'er to see what tweaks they do to that vehicle. There is a combined Nissan/Subaru dealership near me, so I can check out both the MO and the B9'er.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you guys think it is worth buying a new murano given that in 2 years the body will change, or should i look at a car that has a new body like, lets say the new Pathfinder?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tintin,

It will be two and a half years before the new style MO is released! My vote is to go for the MO now. Of course, I'm a little bit prejudiced...:2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
The next FMC (full model change) for the nissan Murano should be 2009MY with deliveries starting in Fall 2008. Nissan tends to do FMC very infrequently. So this date may change depending on how the design fares over time. There may be a moderate MMC (minor model change) in 2007MY. Interior tweaks, grille, light redesign. Nothing considerable. I also hear they will up the power in '09.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts