Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nissanparts4less.com sells color-matched side mouldings for $113; it seems you can even get another 7.5% off as an internet discount.

Has anyone bought these?

How do they compare with the others mentioned in this forum from Grubb / Sportwings?

Here's a pic from the site, but the resolution isn't that great. At least they don't ask "is this for yourself, or for your resale business?"

Attachments

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Side mouldings from Dawn's

Here's a photo of my gold Mo with side moulding's from Dawn's. My SO has his own diesel equipment repair service so he was able to get them wholesale.

It's not a great photo, but I'm waiting until my WeatherFlectors come in before trying to get some decent photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've already posted this message in another "molding thread", but I thought I'd also do a duplicate post in a thread that I started sometime back. This thread has some pics of MOs with moldings. Maybe the Moderator can merge the moldings threads.

"Finally installed the side molding on my silver MO SE yesterday. It took nearly 40 minutes. The actual time that it took to adhere the moldings onto the car was probably less than 15, but I kept second guessing myself on the measurements and whether or not the "guide taping" was straight. I probably performed the measurements (7.5") and readusted the "straightness" of the guide tape about 4 times on each side, LOL!!!! a few items to share:

Use "painter's tape" instead of masking tape. A small roll is only a couple of bucks; it doesn't have as much gummy adhesive and you can tear it very easily with your fingers. Overall, it's easier to work with, especially if you're doing the project yourself.

The little alcohol swabs that came with the moldings seem to work fine for cleaning. Yes, I washed the car first.

Be careful when installing the longer molding because it flexes slightly so if you're not careful you could end up with a very slight curve to what should be a straight line. It seems like it might be easier if you have second person helping you - they can hold up the far end of the uninstalled portion of the molding while you work with your to hands on adhering the opposite end. or you could tape that other end up against the MO.

Once installed, I noticed that there is a tiny bit of clearance/spacing between the molding and the MO's body, when viewed from a standing position and looking down at the molding. This is due to the layer of adhesive between the molding and the MO. I didn't expect this, but it's not that big of a deal. I tried pressing on it, but it did not seem to reduce the spacing.

I'm not crazy about it how it looks, but I feel it's a neccesity if you're going to be parking your MO in parking garages where you might get dinged. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look bad. It looks pretty good, but a molding-less MO might be considered to be slighty more attractive in my eyes. The bottom line is that you have a trade-off between a MO with clean lines and runs the risk of getting dinged -vs- a MO with the lightly less attractive moldings which is somewhat better protected. IMHO, the lesser cost and headache of touching up the dings on the moldings (or replacing them) is preferable to the cost of having professional body work done for a bunch of body dings.

I'll post pics soon."

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I think it looks good.

Homer

·
Registered
59 Posts
Aloha HwnMurano

I think they look good too.
But I noticed that the set that Dij has looks a bit thicker (in height).
Another thing I noticed was the ends are not as spear shaped as the one Dij has.
Where did you order yours from, and if you don't mind -
how much was it to get to your door (Honolulu).
If you can, please post some close up pics of the ends and of the slight gap you talked about.
MAHALO!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought them from nissanparts4less.com after shopping around. They were $131 delivered to your door ($106 after a small discount and $26 shipping). Regular discounted list price is about $112. Paid via Paypal, and it got here in 3 days. Don't ask me about the discount; I hear that sometimes they give higher discounts and other times they give no discounts. It depends on when you place your order.

I'll get you those close up pics later this week. IMHO, my moldings look thicker in person than in the posted photo.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a close up. The small markings on the body are just dirt and dust, not dings.

For some reason, the pics that were very close up didn't come out. I'll have to try again.

An update on the slight gap that I talked about earlier. It's nearly gone. My car is parked in the sun sometimes. I think that might have made the adhesive "cure" some. The gap between the molding and the car body is not noticable now. I'm happy with the moldings overall.

·
Registered
28 Posts
:2: I have been getting a lot of sales for these body side mouldings and I am giving a few more dollars$$$$$ off for club members.

Yes a couple of members have bought them...browse the forum.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How do I get the club discount? I just ordered today.

·
Registered
758 Posts
csheen

I have the smae question as Edward98. How do we get the discount and additionally who are you affiliated with? Trim-Gard?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought my moldings from Curtis Sheen. Like I said in a previous post, he gave me a nice discount and my moldings took 3 days to get here (takes a day longer than the usual 2 day air, because Hawaii is half way across the Pacific). Thanks Curtis!

·
Registered
758 Posts
CSHEEN

Fair Enough. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
28 Posts
:2:BTW..... how did you order that moulding....from our website or from ebay. Ebay orders do not have discounts only from the website.:rolleyes: :2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
:eek: Thank you for the props HwnMurano. You are going to be well taken care of on your next visit to purchase at our website. You've earned it!
:lurk:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh well. I didn't realize I had to call in to get the discount. I'm looking forward to getting my moldings in next week. I guess I should have asked about it when you called to double check on my delivery requirements.

·
Registered
758 Posts
csheen

I plan on calling you to place an order by Monday. Do you have the Midnight Blue Moldings in stock?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts