Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading a while back that someone / some people said they were getting them, just wondering how they turned out. I'm considering them also because they SEEM to be a great balance between noise, comfort and performance. I also like that they are all-season car/SUV instead of summer truck tires that most people seem to be getting.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
hmm you got me wondering about these tires also. they say that they are mud and snow rated and all season. i wonder how they would shape up to an alberta winter. the only problem is that they don't have a size close enough to the murano. the closest size 255/55/18 is 3.3% smaller in diamter than the stock tire.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only problem is that they don't have a size close enough to the murano. the closest size 255/55/18 is 3.3% smaller in diamter than the stock tire.
Yah. I'm looking at them for when I upgrade my wheels to 20's or 22's.

Living in Southern California pretty much precludes me from having to deal with very adverse weather conditions, but ever since I was born, practically, my Dad told me "never get anything but all-season tires". So I've never been comfortable buying "summer" tires...it's like I think they'll melt in the water or something.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i usually get my tire information from tirerack.com since most of the tires that they carry have subjective scores for traction in rain, snow, heat, noise etc and those scores are determined by owners of those tires. i think hankook is one of the tire brands that aren't carried by the tire rack but if you want to look for a dedicated summer tire with good rain traction, check out the tire rack with owners opinions of the tires.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've definitely been checking that out, but Kris's experience with the geolanders sort of turned me off to the "user reviews"...most people tend to love whatever tire they buy and think they're the greatest things since wheels were invented, or they are completely disappointed and write terrible reviews. I guess you need to take it all with a few grains of salt and keep in mind YMMV, but I'd rather not rely on those ratings if I don't have to.

So...anybody out there care to shed some light on these tires?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts