Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find some top quality seat covers for the front seats. I have the Caffe Latte cloth and they are very prone to getting dirty and I'm tired of putting bath towels on the seat bottoms.

Does anyone know of a top quality seat cover that won't interfere with the side impact bags??

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Wet Okole makes a very good custom seat cover, if you do not mind sitting on neoprene.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. I'm not crazy about sitting on Neoprene.

Sheepskin or something similar would be comfortable to me. I checked out the miss sidelines before but they were a bit pricey and they couldn't get any in a color that was close to caffe latte.

What kine of covers (brand) are on ebay and what are they made of??

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Check eBay.

I found a set of as good as New OEM seat covers for my Mo for $11. The guy replaced his OEM interior with leather straight from the dealer.

I plan on replacing my old ones once/if they get hagged.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all,

I too am concerned about aftermarket seatcovers interfering with the side airbags. Anyone have a definitive answer on this?

There are a bunch of cover options on ebay, some very reasonably prices. Since my MO sees some heavy use around the track and tools and grease etc, I'd like to proactively protect at least the front seats, but hate to give up airbags (or a decent seating surface)

One of the cover vendors on ebay claims to customize theirs for $10 extra (seems fair enough) to allow airbag deployment, but they're kind of a cheesy cloth, which is a giant step down from the stock leather. I could maybe live with Neoprene if it kept the airbags functional.

Another vendor wrote back that it was no problem, as any deploying airbag would simply rip through the cover. I'm skeptical, but am curious as to other's input.

I'm willing to lay out for this and not be a cheapskate, but I'd like the airbags and at least a half decent surface.

Any help to this new MO owner is appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts