Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the splash guards look like on a 2006 Murano in the SE or SL trim. The SE and SL trim have the chrome side cladding on them. I got some Nissan factory splash guards and was installing them on the front. You have to remove the front small cladding piece which has the chrome on it, when installing the splash guards. The splash guards that I have replace that portion of the cladding, BUT there is not chrome piece on it that is needs to blend with the rest of the side cladding that runs under the front door. The profile seems to stick out further as well. It didnt match up right.

Therefore if someone has them on a 2006 SE or SL, I would like to see some pictures of the front splash guards to see what they look like. The dealer said the numbers are the same for 05 as 06, as far as he knew. I cant believe these would be installed like this from the factory, they just dont look right.

Anybody got any suggestions or any pictures?

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
If you don't want to wait for the photos, I suggest checking out the dealerships in your area. You can check dealer inventory online at nissanusa.com.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No 2006 model local to me

The dealer I bought mine from had no other 06's. They had to transfer mine in from 1.5 hours away. If there were any close, I would go check them out. The closest one is 1 hour away.

Brian

·
Registered
41 Posts
Give me an hour or two and I will post some pictures for you. Just got the car last night.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shappy0869 said:
Here is a dealer announcement picture.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view
That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks alot for the picture. The ones they gave me didnt look like that. It was missing the chrome piece on the mud flap. Does any body know what the new part number is for the 2006 SE and SL front mud flaps? Probably not, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
216 Posts
Leaky Mo said:

Does any body know what the new part number is for the 2006 SE and SL front mud flaps? Probably not, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks
Brian
I'll do you one better, here is the part number and price. :2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shappy0869 said:

I'll do you one better, here is the part number and price. :2:

You the MAN!!! Thanks very much for the information. I can order the right ones now.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Leaky Mo said:

You the MAN!!! Thanks very much for the information. I can order the right ones now.

Thanks,
Brian
Is there a diffrent part number for the rears? I too need to return my front splash guards. I have an 06 SE. Do you have to drill holes in order to install the back splash guard? The splash guards on the murano 06 brochure says that it features a no drill installation. I'm not sure what this means. Does it pertain to the fronts only? I need to ask the patrs department about the front splash guards with the chrome accents.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks to this picture, I too had to have my front passanger side mud flap replaced.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back splash guards

The back splash guards are the same. The do require you to drill holes, just like the 03 thru 05 models. I saw that "no drill" installation too. The front are no drill, the rear do require drilling unless you want to glue them on. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Back splash guards

Leaky Mo said:
The back splash guards are the same. The do require you to drill holes, just like the 03 thru 05 models. I saw that "no drill" installation too. The front are no drill, the rear do require drilling unless you want to glue them on. :D
I guess in order to install the back splash guards, you need to remove the tire huh? Why do they make it so difficult! Spoke to the local nissan parts dept, they didn't know of this splash guard. They thought it was all the same. They called Nissan and it was confirmed. There getting an updated parts list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same situation going on with our 06'. Dealer got me a set of splash guards without the chrome. Now I have to send them back and get the correct ones. Glad that I didn't install them yet.

As for the rears, I think there is enough room to drill the holes for the rear guards without removing the wheel. The holes are 6mm pilot holes so if they are drilled at a slight angle it should be fine, plus the tires are tucked in enough to give you a pretty good angle on them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts