Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My MO's faster than yours
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under hard acceleration from a stop my Mo kinda hesitates around 3500-4500 rpm...Below that and above that she pulls hard to red line. I don't remember if she did that when it was stock. Anyone else experience this?:confused:
 

·
SHIFT_FASTER
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
b0xdesigns said:
Under hard acceleration from a stop my Mo kinda hesitates around 3500-4500 rpm...Below that and above that she pulls hard to red line. I don't remember if she did that when it was stock. Anyone else experience this?:confused:
This might be normal, depending on how severe it is. I noticed it too. I think the intake can't flow the air needed for the higher RPMs until at 4500, when an additional intake area is opened, allowing more airflow.

A pop charger will help. :)
 

·
Just wanna help
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
Alternator is going to fail perhaps?

Hence not enough juice/current provided to the spark plugs?
 

·
SHIFT_FASTER
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
Re: Alternator is going to fail perhaps?

SugarRushMurano said:
Hence not enough juice/current provided to the spark plugs?
Very unlikely. If the plugs weren't getting enough juice, they would misfire, and a couple of misfires will trigger a MIL (Check Engine) light.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,136 Posts
b0xdesigns said:
Under hard acceleration from a stop my Mo kinda hesitates around 3500-4500 rpm...Below that and above that she pulls hard to red line. I don't remember if she did that when it was stock. Anyone else experience this?:confused:
Try letting the gas up a little when you feel the hesitation. In my case the car just takes off when I do that!
 

·
My MO's faster than yours
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Anyoine else's MO do this?

zebelkhan said:

Try letting the gas up a little when you feel the hesitation. In my case the car just takes off when I do that!

Yeah isn't that weird? When I let off the throttle It seems to go fatster than when i'm steppin on it. I'm guessing Its cause the peak out put is around 4-5000 rpm....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
Does it pause at 4000rpm even if you floor it? I find it kind of sticks at 4000rpm in "D" unless you really floor it to WOT.
 

·
My MO's faster than yours
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eric L. said:
Does it pause at 4000rpm even if you floor it? I find it kind of sticks at 4000rpm in "D" unless you really floor it to WOT.
It pauses like its downshifting right before 4000...after that its a smooth pull to redline. Especially if its going uphill.


It also does this when its in 1st gear. I have a 2004 SE.
 

·
SHIFT_FASTER
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
I think this is because the computer allows the CVT ratios to change faster than the RPMs fall in this situation. If you can, try keeping the RPMs at one spot for a while (say 3000 RPMs). It's a little tricky at first, but the acceleration improves (IMO).
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top