Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering how difficult it is to get nissan to give you a new car, or some sort of reimbursement for a car that you believe is a lemon.

I understand it depends on the severity of the issue, but has anyone gotten any compensation for their MO problems??

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had no luck in getting Nissan to state my 04 was a lemon...had a law firm who strictly deals with Lemon Law cases and we had no luck with a buy back...I did get a monetary award though....

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Every state has their own lemon law.
It has very little to do with Nissan. They are bound by the law.
There have been 50 or 60 lemon law buy backs in Florida as of about a year ago.
Generally speaking, "nuisance" things, like rattles, etc are not the basis for a lemon.
Nor are things that are part of the design that people don't like, like AWD lock in at a low 6 MPH, etc.

The lemon law for NJ is explained here
http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/ocp/lembroc.pdf

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
pk7683-

In 2003 the Center for Auto Safety completed a study of the lemon law in every state and the District of Columbia and ranked each state based on the results. New Jersey finished 2nd out of 51.

If you are considering submitting a claim under the lemon law one of the most important things you can do for your case is make sure you have everything documented. That includes phone calls to the dealer and Nissan.

Good luck.

-njjoe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts