Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... after poking around here I decided I'd like the look of the rocker bars with my recently installed 22" wheels.

Last Saturday, I placed my order on 4x4parts.com. Immediately got an email confirming my order.

On Monday, I saw that they had charged my creditcard, so I assumed things were going well and my rocker bars were on their way.

By Weds, I still hadn't received any tracking info tho for my order, so I sent an email (as instructed in my order confirmation) to them to find out what was happening.

Still hadn't gotten a response so this morning I called them. Ended up leaving a voicemail, but at least they called me back.

What I was told is that they found out earlier this week that the rocker bars were now on backorder from the manufacturer. So no, my rocker bars were not on their way. Maybe with luck they'll ship at the end of next week.

They also told me that they normally don't charge creditcards when things are on backorder, but apparently they made an exception in my case.

Would have been nice if they had actually called me (they have my phone numbers) or sent me an email, or replied to mine, that my rocker bars were on backorder. But apparently that's a new concept for them.

Anyway, just wanted to rant... and find out if this is typical of their service? I'm sure I'll eventually get my rocker bars, but at this point I really can't see myself using their services again.

·
Super Secret Member
31 Posts
I've been dealing with 4x4parts for 2 weeks. I called them to make my order so I could get accurate shipping quotes. I ordered the front and rear nudge guards and the rocker bars. The front arrived last Tuesday and the rear should be here by Wednesday. I just spoke with Mike and he said the rocker bars are in the process of being manufactured and should be ready to ship by the end of the month. They were originally suppose to ship on monday the 19th. Probably why they already ran your card. I am having them shipped directly from the manufacture, some where in Calif. They should get here faster and cheaper than being shipped to Fl. then to here. But I don't know if this is typical of their service. I think the manufacture (manik) was just over whelmed by orders for this stuff.
About your wheels, They look Great. I was going to get 20" until I saw how good those 22" looked. Do they rub when you turn corners and what is the offset?

·
Registered
541 Posts
yea haddock I am still interested in meeting up with you to take a look at your rims if you wouldnt mind. I am in the bay area. I am also supposed to meet up with simplesb who is in the bay also to check out his sound system install. pm or e-mail me if you are interested. I just had security system added to my MO and have to pick it up in an hour, so i'll have some new toys you can check out too. I am going to order the sidesteps soon, is that what you are talking about when you say rocker bars or do you mean the rocker panels.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Himself... no rubbing at all. Offset on my wheels is +35... I think stock is +40... so actually gained some space... seems to be a ton of room in there... as I mentioned in my other posts, I think if you could find a set with the right bolt pattern, and didn't care about matching the overall diameter (for speedometer) you could probably put 24s in the wells with some nice low profile tires...

On the 4x4parts thing, I guess what I wanted was them to be more proactive about letting me know the things are on backorder. That happens I know, so just let me know... don't charge my creditcard and them make me call in a week later to find out the scoop.

Jaycen... so rocker bars are basically bars meant to install under your rocker panels... mostly an accent... and a protection for the rocker panel if you were actually doing some offroading... they don't stick out like the nerf bar steps...

As for a get together... pm me with more details, like where you are precisely and we'll see what makes sense... I'm gone this weekend, but we should be able to do something soon.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"Himself... no rubbing at all. Offset on my wheels is +35... I think stock is +40... "

Stock is also 35mm.

Homer

·
Registered
256 Posts
4x4parts.com is a small ma/pa in Pompano Beach, FL. 5 miles from my house. After waiting 6 weeks for aftermkt crossbars for the roof, I finally cancelled the order and replaced with rocker bar order. Got the rockers in about 4 days shipped to house. The people at 4x4 were very apologetic and nice and accomodating, but only if you kept after them. I don't think they are big enough to have a full time
customer svc. person. Will deal with them again, though wish they had a store front to go to instead of just internet.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Finally got a reply 4x4 regarding the rocker bars:

1. They are chrome in appearance.
2. They do not protrude any from the side of the MO.

I am asking next:

A. Do they have end caps
B. How to they attach.
C. How long after order till they ship.

Anything else I should ask?

GRIP :D

·
4,994 Posts
I have ordered the Rocker bars. It is said:
1. Look like crome.
2. Do not extend beyond the edge of the MO
3. Easy to attach
4. Greatly hide the center muffler
5. Curve in at the end for a smooth and fininshed look.

They cost over $350 with shipping.

GRIP :D

·
The Member
104 Posts
Aren't Aries bars are cheaper and better ?
Or am i missing something ?
Linky
Or you guys are talking about diff stuff ?
Forgive me if i'm wrong, it's an early monday morning here. :)

·
4,994 Posts
MOCKBA

Different thing. Just talking about the THIN bars at bottom on the side. They were easy to install and DON't stick out they are FLUSH. GRIP :D

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Guess it depends on what you want the bars for. I didn't want or need the full on nerf's but wanted a little something extra to dress up the sides and help hide the muffler. It accomplishes both tasks plus it helps a little with rock/debris protection. A little pricey but then...at what price beauty?? I have never regretted spending the money.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Grip! Please do post pictures when you get them on. I'd like to see how they mount, and of course, pics of your pretty Platinum! Will you put some pictures up of your interior, too? I'd like to see the Dark Platinum leather.

I might like the look of the rockers with my Copper. The MO is low enough for me that any kind of step bars would just be ankle bangers.

In the meantime, here are some pics from DeLuc05 that were posted last year.
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=21088#post21088

·
The Member
104 Posts
Got ya,still personally like Aries.
But do post pics of yours when you get them ;)

·
4,994 Posts
MO Dale

I hope mine are going to look like DeLuc05 that's the one that convinced me to do it. I fell they are a refined detail that enhances the linear feel of the MO without changing the look to SUV. Just MHO. GRIP :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey GripperDon can you post some pics of your install? I got the rocker bars also but I'm wondering if they fit in flush or not? I was having some problems getting mine on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ieatpho... did you ever get your install sorted out? I did mine last summer so its not super fresh in my mind, but had no problems at all... and know many others here have installed successfully as well. anyway, if I can help at all with anything specific, let me know...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here are my install pics.

I had to take out the bottom pin that held up the mud guards to get the bar to fit correctly.

Right Side

Left Side

The left side still has a gap cause the car did not fit flush like on the right side. Did anyone else have these issue when installing thier bars?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts