Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was some talk about this months ago, and i remember reading how JWT says there is no need for one on the Murano.. BUT, after driving a good hour on the highway to work, pop the hood and everything around and including the Pop Charger, is very hot to the touch.

So has anyone taken on a little project of making a heat shield for their Murano?

;)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
chris, how you likin the JWT. i'm gettin mine in next week. can't wait i'd be interested in a head sheild also for the MO. maybe something like the G35 have which converts that grill scoop into a ram intake.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nissanlove said:
chris, how you likin the JWT. i'm gettin mine in next week. can't wait i'd be interested in a head sheild also for the MO. maybe something like the G35 have which converts that grill scoop into a ram intake.
Its not so bad.. actually saw an improvement in MPG.

I would normally get around 22-23MPG between 60-65MPH.. as soon as I went any faster, i would see a drastic drop in MPG.

After I installed the JWT PC, I drove 60miles to work, and kept the speed right around 70MPH. Result from the on-board computer was 23.x MPG. So thats a hair better MPG, and 5MPH faster!

On the way home, I set the cruise control (not at all the best idea for trying to get good MPG) to 75MPH (open highway, 4am) and my average MPG after 60miles of driving was 21.x

Needless to say, im happy so far.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
how's the sound?? does it sound more like a fx35. that's what i'm trying to acheive

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nissanlove said:
how's the sound?? does it sound more like a fx35. that's what i'm trying to acheive
No. If you just nail the gas from a dead stop, it sounds like a tired sick animal.. when crusing, and nailing it, it does have a nice growl.

I too love the sound of a stock FX, but chalk that up to their exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts