Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background,

Alternator failed, 20,000 miles. Got 40,000 now and left keys in ignition with fan on - drained battery dead. Now it is hard to start (wont take a full charge).

I would like to put an optime red top in but none are listed on their site as a fit for the Murano. Anyone put one in and if so what model did you use / how much did you pay?

Thx,
Jason

·
Registered
278 Posts
When he had a Murano, Dookie put in an Optima. See this Post.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Mo Dale,

I had looked at that but he never did say which one he put in and he had problems with the size he chose.

Dookie??

Thx,
Jason

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dennis,

Thx, that looks like it fit without modifying the ground wire.

Is it at all possible for you to post the optima Number. I need to either get one today or get it ordered and the optima website is no help. Car barely started at the post office and I may have to get a jump to get to autozone. I would like to make sure the one I go to has one in stock and I have had too many experiences when they give you the wrong part number.

Thx in advance,
Jason

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just finishing this thread off for completeness:

I ordered my battery from:

http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/

I ordered the 75/25 red top (124.95) and they sent me the 75/25 yellow top (144.95) by accident. It is the deep cycle version and was $20 more expensive so I figured I may as well keep it and see if it works. Has a few less cranking amps but is still rated for starting. At the local discount auto they had the red top for 109.95 so it is probably just as cheap buying one locally.

Anyhow cranks like a champ and fit easy. You could easily go with a battery another inch taller if you want it. You need spacer to install one of these as the factory hold down rods are not threaded that far down. If I get a chance I will come back and put the Muranos battery dimensions for anyone else looking for a replacement.

Thx,
Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts