Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out if this is a loose connection in my system, if it's interference from something in the Seattle area, or just because XM sucks (it was sooooo cool when I first got it, now it's kind of ticking my off).

Every once in a while (happened about 8 times in the last year, seems to be getting more frequent) all of my presets that are tuned to XM stations suddenly lose their memory. They ALL go back to the preview station, and I have to re-set them to my favorites.

Happens across all three groups of presets at once.

Always happens at a time when I have no signal (tunnel or parking garage).

Does NOT seem to correlate with any particular jaring of the car.

I'm going to have to take my MO in to do some warrantee work anyway, and if nobody else has had this happen I'll make them re-wire the whole damn thing if they can't figure out the problem (in which case it probably won't work at all once I pick it up from the idiot dealer...)

Thanks in advance for the numorous and detailed responses! ;)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Probably a loose connection to power. I have an 03 installed myself... no issues here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No problems here either. . .

I have an 04 with XM. I get the "loading" error about once a week (usually triggered when I go through an area with low signal) but it's never caused my presets to reset.

By the way, is this something they've solved in later models? Anyone with an 05 or 06 who gets the "loading" error?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I don't think it is an error... it just that you are going through an area with a weak signal. I have that happen in the same weak area when going to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts