Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just wondering if anyone else installed with aftermarket leather instead of the leather package offers by Nissan? How do you like it? do u think it's just as good as the Nissan ones? easy to take care of?? THANKS.

We just brought home our new Murano last weekend with the aftermarket leather installed (a vendor approved by Nissan, all setup thru the dealer). Really like the fact that you can pick the color(s) and fabric (leather, suede, pattern). We opted for dual tone with black and silver.. sorta match the rest of charcoal interior.

some photos are posted in the gallery today.
http://www.nissanmurano.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8571&thumb=1

·
Registered
487 Posts
Very nice. My seats are factory leather, although I have to wonder if my dealership would've offered aftermarket leather if I had the cloth interior...

·
Registered
117 Posts
WOW, that looks great!

i gotta know, how much more did that cost you?

maybe when the leather starts to go, i may do the same.

-Nerf

·
Registered
255 Posts
When I was purchasing my Murano they had two Copper ones, one with without leather, and the loaded one I ended up getting with leather. When I said that I wanted leather because the seats felt more comfortable they said that they had a factory certified leather upgrade option that could be added to the one with cloth.

To me it felt like the factory leather seat were slighty different design at the top around the shoulders (Cloth felt tighter) and I didn't think it was leather vs. cloth but design of cloth seat vs. design of leather. Their may not be any difference and the leather just molds that section differently than the cloth.

I like the look of the dual leather though and wish the factory was like that. I don't know if I would want a silver/aluminum to match the brushed aluminum, or Copper to match the paint? Anyway yours looks great.

·
5,268 Posts
Wow, it looks great!

When I was getting mine car the dealer did not have a car with all the options i wanted. However, there was a car with cloth seat - i wanted leather. The dealer offered right away an optional service - leather upgrade by a factory certified outfit. My wife did not want to wait 2 weeks so we ended up with cold package instead of VDC!

Anyway, in retrospect, seeing the attached pictures, maybe i should have waited? The two tone seats look awesome!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the aftermarket leather option costs us $1299, which is similar price to the leather option from Nissan. We only wanted the basic SL AWD with leather option (otherwise required Premium and sunroof as well). However the drawback is, we only get the leather, no other things as with the Nissan leather option (passenger seat power adjustment, memory setting, Xenon lights, etc).. so it's a tradeoff. But we are definitely like the dual tone colors.

So are we the only one out there opt for the aftermarket leather??

·
Registered
777 Posts
I really do like your seats, but when you consider not having the 3 other Nissan options of passenger power seat adjustment, memory seats (great for a big guy, small wife combo) & the cool looking Xexon lights, I think the Nissan option stacks up as a real bargain!:eek:

When it's time to redo the seats I will keep in mind how very nice your 2 tones were:cool: and get the best of both worlds!
It makes me wonder how much a new inlay would cost on the current seat?:confused:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
you gotta watch out when putting on aftermarket leather since the side airbags are located in the seats.

·
4,664 Posts
Just what I was thinking. Some of them accomodate the side airbags, some of them disable them.

Which was your install? I'd want them to work for that kind of money.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went to the dealer to get one of the seat fix because the leather was loose, when I asked the subcontractor who worked on my aftermarket leather, I asked about the side-airbag. He said if the airbag light stays on after ignition then there is a problem, otherwise should be fine.

·
4,664 Posts
The light won't know that the seat airbags can't deploy because the stitching is too strong to let the side of the seat release...

Sounds like he's talking out of a hole other than his mouth.:rolleyes:

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, forgot to say, I love the seats too! I like how they colormatched them to the interior and did the doors....

Hmmm.... Could do some interesting things there....

·
Registered
6 Posts
One dealer I shopped at said that side airbags wouldn't work after their after market leather installation (and wanted me to sign a waiver). Another said airbags would be fine so I went with the latter.

I'm happy with the results although it is different from the factory installed leather... it's not as taught, and the grain is more apparent. But I like it this way.

Sometimes I do covet those SE headlights

:rolleyes: (green with envy)

·
4,664 Posts
Initially I really wanted the HID's.... Now I couldn't care less. I actually find them to be a little ugly looking, compared to the Halogens... I'm sure I'd love them if I had them. Fortunately, I haven't been spoiled by them yet... I wonder if Nissan might make them standard on the SL's next year?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anyway to upgrade to HIDs?

BTW, I LOVE the seats... Makes me wish I had charcole interior....

BUT, My cafe cloth is really comfy, albeit very very static generating (ouch...)

-Tim

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, it's only on the really humid days, the cloth doesn't try to zap me... If only we could harness that energy. (And put it into the headlights!)

·
Registered
74 Posts
It only seems to do it when I wear my tennis shoes, doesn't affect me with my work boots. But I have gotten intot he habbit of opening the door, grabbing the top of the door and then getting out of the car (If I put my feet out first and then grab the door the shut it I get a nasty shock...)
Jaak did you get my email? I sent one and it bounced then I sent another one...
-Tim

·
4,664 Posts
Thanks for the reminder, I just went and responded. It's been kind of strange without power in the last day....:eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts