Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to bite the bullet as soon as Howard goes to sirius. My dealer wants $799 installed for the SAT radio which is crazy. Anyone interested in doing a group buy?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
$799 which dealer is that? Why not do it yourself. It would be about half that. I just installed XM in my 03. To bad you could have stopped over while I did it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clay nissan in Dedham. I would prob buy the module and bring it to a shop as I dont have the time to rip apart my car getting it in.

Where did you get the module and what did you pay?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I got the receiver and antenna from Marlboro Nissan... via telephone. Do a search on the forrum. At the time they were the cheapest price around. What year MO do you have? If its after 03 then the installation isn't too bad as they were prewired after 03.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
I, too, have been thinking about getting Sirius this summer before the cold settles in, but my job has me in and out of so many vehicles, I don't want to aggravate myself over not having Sirius half the time (or worse).

Sometimes I'll have a rental car for two straight months at a time or more. Other times, I'll live in a hotel for 6 months at a time and have a three minute commute. And don't forget I'll occasionally work at home for 3 to 6 months at a time and won't leave my house for 3 days in a row. I need a portable solution.

Why can't Apple just suck it up and build an iPod with built-in Sirius? Or how about a Motorola cellphone with Sirius?

In the meantime, I've been seriously considering the Kenwood H2A and mounting it on the dash above and behind the nav (hideous, I know). I just can't bring myself to installing the Murano OEM kit at this point. I would only consider it just to have it installed and raise the resale value.

With NFL, MLB, NASCAR and Howard going to Sirius, Sirius sounds much more interesting.

Wow, a quick Google has turned up some interesting new product from Xact.. check these out

http://www.xactcommunication.com/Featured-Products-1/XTR5CMK-ReGo-Recordable-Sirius-Satellite-Plug--Play-Radio-Receiver-and-MP3-Kit--Vehicle-Kit-84.html

http://www.xactcommunication.com/Featured-Products-1/XTR3CK-Visor-Sirius-Satellite-Plug--Play-Receiver-and-Vehicle-Kit-94.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts