Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK got the diagnostic code from my SES light by following the instructions in This thread. It's 1283. Anyone know what this code referrs to?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I do not see a 1283 code in the FSM. Are you sure it could not be something else?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I double checked it, and the light is flashing in the sequence "1 2 8 3".

It's an 04 SL, if that makes any difference. We have an appointment next week at the dealer. I'd love to know what it is before I go in though.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Pull up in front of your local AutoZone Store and they'll read the code for you in about a minute, for FREE.

Here's the locations Google returned:

Autozone - 4 miles SE State Route 18, East Brunswick - (732) 214-2678
Autozone - 11 miles E - 613 New Brunswick Ave, Perth Amboy - (732) 697-1661
Autozone - 15 miles NE - 514 W Saint Georges Ave, Linden - (908) 486-6735

I use Autozone all the time just because of this FREE service. Makes me look a lot smarter when I go into the dealer too.........

·
Registered
27 Posts
Error code 1283

hi,
could anyone explained this 1-2-8-3 code?
just got it last night. i reset it afterwards, and drove home (10km). SES did not appear. fingers crossed. still i'd like to know what it means, and if it's safe to drive for another 2-3 weeks when i'll visit my delear for regular maintenance.
cheers

·
5,268 Posts
The only info I could find is that this code is BMW specific and indicate problems with fuel injectors......

Are you sure you read it correctly?

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi,
it's read: 1xlong -pause- 2xshort -pause- 8xshort -pause- 3xshort which i've interpreted as 1283
quite positive. anyways as i said i reset SES 2 days ago, and so far hasn't come back.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
dklanecky1 said:
Pull up in front of your local AutoZone Store and they'll read the code for you in about a minute, for FREE.

Here's the locations Google returned:

Autozone - 4 miles SE State Route 18, East Brunswick - (732) 214-2678
Autozone - 11 miles E - 613 New Brunswick Ave, Perth Amboy - (732) 697-1661
Autozone - 15 miles NE - 514 W Saint Georges Ave, Linden - (908) 486-6735

I use Autozone all the time just because of this FREE service. Makes me look a lot smarter when I go into the dealer too.........
Ur best bet.
Good one dklanecky1.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Unfortunately like Kris said, there is no such code for the Murano in the factory service manual. I wonder if its some internal Nissan CVT code?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts