Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard rumors of a Honda Pilot/Acura MDX hybrid coming out in 6 months to a year as well as a Toyota/Lexus version.

I'm planning on buying a Murano, Pilot, or MDX very soon, but after hearing this, it could definetly persuade me to wait and buy Honda/Toyota over Nissan although I'd rather not.

Anyone hear or know anything about this?

Thanks

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Lexus/toyota hybrid......(more)

What u mean by 'hybrid'?
If what you mean is gas-electric motor powered than yes you are right, Lexus is coming out with a 'hybrid ' model next year. It will look like RX 330, but slightly different tail.
Go to your local lexus/totyota dealer, they have the picture.
It will use the same technology as the 2004 prius and the 2005 toyota hilander hybrid.

About honda/acura 'hybrid'. Haven't heard of it. For certain there are hybrid honda civics.

Also, i was in the market for a hybrid (my gf want to buy the hybrid civic)... However, after careful thought, she changes her mind. Reasons:
- only able to service hybrid car with dealer as they are the one that only have the equipments and knowledge. Imagine if on a road trip, something happen with your car, which moms-and-pops repairmen can fix a hybrid ? You are stuck right?
- not enough infrastructure of hybrid technology around, hence the disadvantage of being among the 'first owner of the new technology' scares her.

I know that Cameron Diaz own a hybrid civic :D
One or more decade perhaps , i still think we should wait~......

Nissan is a 'cross-over' suv.
And i think it is in a different class than 'hybrid' vehicles to be compared as if apple to apple.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I am aware of the gas-electric hybrid vehicles that are available currently.

I realize that the Murano is a cross-over SUV as well, but just because it is, doesn't mean it couldn't contain a hybrid engine for efficiency.

I found some information about a possible Honda/Acura hybrid here http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14025&highlight=hybrid

As far as maintenance goes - I agree, it will be more difficult to get them repaired anywhere other than the dealer.

I just hope Nissan doesn't fall behind on this, because it sure looks like Toyota and Honda are primed and ready to release Hybrid versions of their "Cross-over" SUVs

·
Registered
148 Posts
beir said:
Well, I am aware of the gas-electric hybrid vehicles that are available currently.

I realize that the Murano is a cross-over SUV as well, but just because it is, doesn't mean it couldn't contain a hybrid engine for efficiency.

I found some information about a possible Honda/Acura hybrid here http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14025&highlight=hybrid

As far as maintenance goes - I agree, it will be more difficult to get them repaired anywhere other than the dealer.

I just hope Nissan doesn't fall behind on this, because it sure looks like Toyota and Honda are primed and ready to release Hybrid versions of their "Cross-over" SUVs
Not only Toyota and Honda. Ford and GM have several cars, trucks, and SUVs with hybrid powerplants planned over the next few years. The Ford Escape, 500, and Freestyle will have have available hybrid powerplants. The 500 and Freestyle will even have CVT trannys in them.

Honda has said that they are planning a Hybrid Oddessy, since that minivan is on the same platform as the Pilot, I think it's a safe bet that there will be a hybrid powerplant in the Pilot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts