Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can purchase a new bumper that already has the factory paint job or are they only available ready to paint?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would assume that the rear bumper comes unpainted. All bumpers from Nissan have been that way, no reason to think it's changed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got mine replaced due to an unfortunate meeting with my mailoox. It was unpainted and the body shop had to paint to match.

Bob

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping that wasn't the case. The dealer damaged my bumper when it was in for warranty service. They painted half of it and it looks really bad. I wonder if it would be better to have this bumper removed and then re-painted, or start fresh with a new one. What do you think would be the best option?

·
Registered
564 Posts
If the dealer service damaged it, they should do what it takes to put the Mo back to the condition it was prior to their actions. Best bet is to insist on a new one. Even if the bumper is fine cosmetically, it was designed to absorb impacts through a collapsible foam under the bumper cover. If there was enough force to damage the outside, there was definitely damage to the inside. the dealer service should remove the bumper cover, ensure that all internals are undamaged or replaced and then put on a new bumper cover complete with matching paint.

Good luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If the dealer service damaged it, they should do what it takes to put the Mo back to the condition it was prior to their actions.
Oh Yeah.......you said it right!
That dealer IS responsible for putting your MO back to the SAME condition that you gave it to them!

remove the bumper cover, ensure that all internals are undamaged or replaced and then put on a new bumper cover complete with matching paint
You make sure that they fix or replace what is necessary.
Don't let them pull a whool over YOUR eyes.:14: Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts